FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Events
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Auto Italia 2015

Well the tickets are on the way and our Strada Abarth & Barchetta will be attending (as usual).

I'm tempted to try a different tack this year. In the absence of an FMC stand (no I'm not complaining /criticising) I think we may try to arrive early park up some where nice (our cars / us come and display as a pair and last year marshals wanted to split us up) lock the cars and walk away. :)

If you see a Black Strada Abarth and Silver Barchetta parked next to each other (and not being towed away) then stop on by and say hello. Better still if you are and FMC member/fan then come join us.

Nick /////

Membership Number: 4970

Re: Auto Italia 2015

No one will commit to getting people organised and there early - I've asked numerous times & recently on the FB pages. No interest therefore no special area!

Membership Number: 5260

Re: Auto Italia 2015

Yes it is difficult getting people to commit to organising etc.

Although we try to attend every year, and not being local to Brooklands, there is always the possibility we won't make it a) in time for an early start/placement to marshal an FMC area or b) arrive at all.

If I remember correctly (many moons ago) Phil used to contact each club he was aware of (certainly those he keeps a list of and publishes in every AutoItalia mag) and asked two simple questions.

1) do you want club space
2) how many

Whilst not a perfect solution the FMC used to ask for around 10 to 20 spaces (which were easily filled) and depending on space count Phil would say where the allocated space was.

The banking was the overflow area.

Not sure when and why Phil stopped the proactive thrust from his end? If I see him this year I'll asking him.

Nick /////

Membership Number: 4970

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos