District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Picks

Alright wrestling fans we have had a day to look over the brackets lets make some picks.

Shunk
McMillen
Witmer (can't wait to see what ball does this year)
Duvall
Benzon
Dowling
Andrews
Law
Dale
Patrick
Kocik
Mykut
Walters
Jones

Team St Joes
OW Mcmillen

Can't wait till Friday good luck

Re: Picks

Shunk
Boozel
Witmer
Richner
Powers
Dowling
Andrews
Todaro
Yingling
Myers
Mykut
Walters
Jones

OW Witmer

The seeds should hold in most cases. Boozle-McMillen may be the best final...that young freshmen is awfully impressive. I was initially surprised to see Walters at 220; weight issue or just ducking Hoffman at States? It’s honestly a very smart move. SJCA runs away with the team title on the back of 5 finalists. Good luck to all this weekend!

Dale has wrestled Yingling probably around 20 to 30 times so far, including youth. Both are great kids and great wrestlers. I'll go with Yingling in another close one.

LHWrestlingfan, Walters definitely went to 220 to duck Hoffman, and it was a smart move on his part, as he wouldn't beat Hoffman if Hoffman was blind folded. He could be a favorite at 220 in Hershey.

As for my final picks this weekend

106- Shunk PV over Ohl SJCA
113- McMillen GL over Boozel MU
120- Witmer SJCA over Christie WH
126- Richner MV over Shaffer PORT
132- Powers SJCA over Benson HUNT
138- Dowling SJCA over Swab CENT
*145- Caldwell LV over Andrews OSCW* UPSET SPECIAL
152- Law FH over Todaro MU
160- Yingling WB over Dale MV
170- Patrick LV over Brown PC
182- Myers WB over Gett MC
195- Mykut HUNT over Hockenberry MU
220- Walters OSCW over Fisher HUNT
HWT- Jones OSCW over Martin CC

*145 is my upset special. If Carnell wrestled all year, I'd say there's no chance he loses to Caldwell. I am not sure if Carnell is in post season shape to go a full 6 minutes with an athletic wrestler like Caldwell*

Team Title- SJCA
OW- Caldwell
COY- Matt Beaujon

Ohl
McMillen
Witmer
Duvall
Powers
Dowling
Andrews
Law
Patrick
Gabel
Mykut
Walters
Jones

OW- Patrick- 4 time champion
Team- St Joes

Ohl
McMillen
Witmer
Richner
Powers
Dowling
Andrews
Law
Dale
Patrick
Myers
Mykut
Fisher
Jones

Ow- Witmer
Team- I think we all know

106- Shunk and I don't think it will be that close
113- Boozel--surpised the McMillen picks since Boozel physically overpowered him head-to-head and WON the match??? Bruce may be a darkhorse here too
120- Witmer by landslide. Denochek may be a wildcard here
126- Richner-but it won't be a gimme
132- Benson in upset
138- Dowling
145- I agree Caldwell in mild upset
152- Todaro-don't know alot of upperweights, but have seen him wrestle
160- Yingling
170- Patrick by landslide
182- Myers
195- Mykut
220- Walters
HWT- Jones

Where is Tinsman in the brackets? Heard he was droppig to 120, and would have made it interesting?

106- Shunk- easily.
113- Boozel- Wrestled to cautiously last time.
120- Witmer- Will cruze through.
126- Polacek.
132- Powers.
138- Dowling.
145- Caldwell- Close at first, wears Andrews down.
152- Todaro- Wrestled 170 most of season weighing 156-157. Primed.
160- Dale- Wrestles a little smarter than last time.
170- Patrick- easily.
182- Myers.
195- Mykut.
220- Walters.
HWT- Martin. I think he has a shot here. Jones didn't look good last 2 times I seen him wrestle.

Tyler got to big to be able to cut down to 122lbs and be healthy. Recently cut to 124 for the West Branch tournament and had no energy. He wanted to go 128 for districts but his coaches denied him a wrestle off.

Mtinsman-

I am sorry to hear about Tyler not being able to compete at districts this year, especially it being his senior year. He definitely would have thrown another horse into the mix at 120 or 126.

In my personal opinion, maybe he wasn't cutting correctly for you to consider him to be "unhealthy". The hardest part of cutting weight, is getting down to the weight. I've been there, and done that. Once you are there, it's simply maintaining that weight. It was a lot more extreme back when I wrestled, as we weren't monitored like kids are today, the way they test body fat percentages and perform hydration tests which only allowing kids to lose about a pound per week according to a weight plan, I think it's a very healthy process. I like Chris Stewart, and think he's a good coach, I'm sure there was a reason for a wrestle off being denied. Either way, that's a bad way to end a career, but I know if it was my senior year, I would have made the cut and wrestled rather than not wrestle at all, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Believe me, I know he wasn't doing it right. Tyler never was the best at cutting or maintaining weight. I was better at it when I was being asked in 4th thru 8th grade to do it. I understand they have their reasons and have stayed out of it. Definitely a shame to end the way it did, but he'll press on.