District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
District 6 AA Preview and Predictions Part 1 (106-145)

As always, comments are welcome!!! I can't wait until 10:30 when the best announcer around breaks out the National Anthem!

106 –

Shunk and Ohl are by far the top dogs here. The real toss-up is how the rest of the guys decide who makes it to IUP. Kushner has regional experience and has performed well since his return to the line-up. Graham is the only senior at this weight, so that experience may get him through districts. In the end Shunk will be too physical for Ohl and will be on top of the podium. Armstrong is tough and will avenge an earlier loss to Graham to finish behind the top 3.

Prediction:
1. Shunk 2. Ohl 3. Kushner 4. Armstrong 5. Graham 6. Misiura 7. Walk 8. Davis

Top Matchups:
Kushner and Graham in QTRs

Wildcard: (Someone not in the top 6)
Davis and Beatty (both are good, but may not have the strength to get through the top guys here)

113 –

Once again, the top 2 guys are above the rest of the field here in Boozel and McMillen. Don’t get me wrong, District 6 could have 4 guys on the podium in Hershey in a few weeks. Bruce has been pretty tough all year. Throw in returning PIAA qualifier Kauffman, with Simmons and Blackburn and this will be a fun battle for 3rd through 6th. I feel that McMillen has matured throughout the year and has settled in to the style of being a high school wrestler. Boozel is so physical in all positions, but I am going with McMillen in round 2 of what could be a 4 round battle.

Prediction:
1. McMillen 2. Boozel 3. Bruce 4. Kauffman 5. Simmons 6. Blackburn 7. Mills 8. Malcom

Top Matchups:
Simmons v. Bruce & Kauffman v. Blackburn in the QTRS
Both Semi’s could be good and the finals may be worth the price of admission!

Mills (has put together a very solid regular season with some big wins)

In the top half of the bracket, I do not see anyone challenging Witmer. The bottom half has four proven veterans that could meet him in the finals. Kekich v. Denochick and Ball v. Christie will be great matches to watch on Friday night. I think Christie will gut out a couple of hard-fought wins, but will fall short against Witmer.

Prediction:
1. Witmer 2. Christie 3. Daubert 4. Denochick 5. Kekich 6. Sossong 7. Ball 8. Holsinger

Top Matchups:
Kekich v. Denochick and Ball v. Christie in QTRS (The winners of these will set up a great semifinal matchup as well!)

Mangus and Ball (has wrestled some tough competition this year and has the knack for wrestling well in the postseason)

There are some great quarterfinal matches at this weight. Warshell v. Duvall, Shaffer v. Rutter and Hicks v. Polacek will make Friday evening fun to watch. I feel that the Richner and Duvall winner will be the district champ. Richner is hardnosed and has experience from last year, so I am picking him to beat Shaffer in the finals.

Prediction:
1. Richner 2. Shaffer 3. DuVall 4. Polacek 5. Warshell 6. Hicks 7. Himes 8. Rutter

Top Matchups:
Richner v. DuVall and Shaffer v. Polacek in Semi’s

Connor (has wrestled some tough competition) and Himes (may be the most improved in the district)

I think Powers and Benson are the clear top 2 at this weight. Benson will be challenged in the semi’s by the Turner v. Templeton winner. Royer and Proudfit are very talented as well, but I do not think they match up with Powers very well. In the end, I will go with Powers over Benson with Turner finishing 3rd.

Prediction:
1. Powers 2. Benson 3. Turner 4. Proudfit 5. Royer 6. Templeton 7. Smith 8. Noonan

Top Matchups:
Royer/Proudfit QTRs winner v. Powers in the semis
Turney/Templeton QTRs winner v. Benson in the semis

Smith (big move guy) and Andrews (wrestled well early in the year, but inexperience may get to him)

There will be some really good wrestlers at this weight that will not qualify for IUP. I think Dowling and Beatty have the clear edge to get to the finals on Saturday night. Every quarterfinal match will be excellent and the 1st round will have some great matchups as well. I think any of 8 or 9 guys to fill in the 3rd-8th spots. I think Dowling is just a little to mat savy for Beatty and will win this weight to cap two in a row for St. Joes.

Prediction:
1. Dowling 2. Beatty 3. Swab 4. Feltman 5. Talko 6. Washic 7. Korenoski 8. Bailey

Top Matchups:
Washic v. Krug, Bailey v. Wagner in the 1st Round
All 4 QTRs will be fun to watch, along with Dowling v. Talko and Feltman v. Beatty in the semis

Wagner (has been around for a long time) Krug (always tough to wrestle) Korenoski (has the talent to finish 3rd) Bailey (only 2 loses this year) and Weaver (is going to be tough over the next couple of years)

Caldwell and Andrews are definitely the top dogs here. After them, I coul

Re: District 6 AA Preview and Predictions Part 1 (106-145)

D6AAFAN
As always, comments are welcome!!! I can\'t wait until 10:30 when the best announcer around breaks out the National Anthem!

106 –

Shunk and Ohl are by far the top dogs here. The real toss-up is how the rest of the guys decide who makes it to IUP. Kushner has regional experience and has performed well since his return to the line-up. Graham is the only senior at this weight, so that experience may get him through districts. In the end Shunk will be too physical for Ohl and will be on top of the podium. Armstrong is tough and will avenge an earlier loss to Graham to finish behind the top 3.

Prediction:
1. Shunk 2. Ohl 3. Kushner 4. Armstrong 5. Graham 6. Misiura 7. Walk 8. Davis

Top Matchups:
Kushner and Graham in QTRs

Davis and Beatty (both are good, but may not have the strength to get through the top guys here)

113 –

Once again, the top 2 guys are above the rest of the field here in Boozel and McMillen. Don’t get me wrong, District 6 could have 4 guys on the podium in Hershey in a few weeks. Bruce has been pretty tough all year. Throw in returning PIAA qualifier Kauffman, with Simmons and Blackburn and this will be a fun battle for 3rd through 6th. I feel that McMillen has matured throughout the year and has settled in to the style of being a high school wrestler. Boozel is so physical in all positions, but I am going with McMillen in round 2 of what could be a 4 round battle.

Prediction:
1. McMillen 2. Boozel 3. Bruce 4. Kauffman 5. Simmons 6. Blackburn 7. Mills 8. Malcom

Top Matchups:
Simmons v. Bruce & Kauffman v. Blackburn in the QTRS
Both Semi’s could be good and the finals may be worth the price of admission!

Mills (has put together a very solid regular season with some big wins)

In the top half of the bracket, I do not see anyone challenging Witmer. The bottom half has four proven veterans that could meet him in the finals. Kekich v. Denochick and Ball v. Christie will be great matches to watch on Friday night. I think Christie will gut out a couple of hard-fought wins, but will fall short against Witmer.

Prediction:
1. Witmer 2. Christie 3. Daubert 4. Denochick 5. Kekich 6. Sossong 7. Ball 8. Holsinger

Top Matchups:
Kekich v. Denochick and Ball v. Christie in QTRS (The winners of these will set up a great semifinal matchup as well!)

Mangus and Ball (has wrestled some tough competition this year and has the knack for wrestling well in the postseason)

There are some great quarterfinal matches at this weight. Warshell v. Duvall, Shaffer v. Rutter and Hicks v. Polacek will make Friday evening fun to watch. I feel that the Richner and Duvall winner will be the district champ. Richner is hardnosed and has experience from last year, so I am picking him to beat Shaffer in the finals.

Prediction:
1. Richner 2. Shaffer 3. DuVall 4. Polacek 5. Warshell 6. Hicks 7. Himes 8. Rutter

Top Matchups:
Richner v. DuVall and Shaffer v. Polacek in Semi’s

Connor (has wrestled some tough competition) and Himes (may be the most improved in the district)

I think Powers and Benson are the clear top 2 at this weight. Benson will be challenged in the semi’s by the Turner v. Templeton winner. Royer and Proudfit are very talented as well, but I do not think they match up with Powers very well. In the end, I will go with Powers over Benson with Turner finishing 3rd.

Prediction:
1. Powers 2. Benson 3. Turner 4. Proudfit 5. Royer 6. Templeton 7. Smith 8. Noonan

Top Matchups:
Royer/Proudfit QTRs winner v. Powers in the semis
Turney/Templeton QTRs winner v. Benson in the semis

Smith (big move guy) and Andrews (wrestled well early in the year, but inexperience may get to him)

There will be some really good wrestlers at this weight that will not qualify for IUP. I think Dowling and Beatty have the clear edge to get to the finals on Saturday night. Every quarterfinal match will be excellent and the 1st round will have some great matchups as well. I think any of 8 or 9 guys to fill in the 3rd-8th spots. I think Dowling is just a little to mat savy for Beatty and will win this weight to cap two in a row for St. Joes.

Prediction:
1. Dowling 2. Beatty 3. Swab 4. Feltman 5. Talko 6. Washic 7. Korenoski 8. Bailey

Top Matchups:
Washic v. Krug, Bailey v. Wagner in the 1st Round
All 4 QTRs will be fun to watch, along with Dowling v. Talko and Feltman v. Beatty in the semis

Wagner (has been around for a long time) Krug (always tough to wrestle) Korenoski (has the talent to finish 3rd) Bailey (only 2 loses this year) and Weaver (is going to be tough over the next couple of years)

Caldwell and Andrews are definitely the top dogs here. After them, I coul
132 has some kids that have been off the radar all year that could surprise some people. Ulery from Central has really came a long way since last year and could easily be a regional qualifier

Re: District 6 AA Preview and Predictions Part 1 (106-145)

D6AAFAN,
Really well thought out, but 145 is not finished! I feel like I just found out my favorite show is"To Be Continued"..... Help!!!