District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
D6 AAA predictions

Any predications for D6 AAA this Sat. at Altoona?

Re: D6 AAA predictions

Team title honors once again will return to the Wildcats of Central Mountain who should advance 11 to regionals to lead the 9 team field. If the wildcats perform to their potential they should win by a large margin of victory. D6 Team Dual Champion Mifflin County should advance 10 and be right there, should the Wildcats stumble. BEA may only advance 7 to regionals but 5 of those could be finalists which could keep them in the race as Miff Co may only get 3 finalists. PO has a nice team for this tournament and should get 7-8 through to regionals and probably 3 finalist.

120 sounds like it is going to be fun to watch the whole way through
113 is pretty even from 2-4
285 is pretty deep again
126 is to me the one weight without a clear cut favorite although upsets will happen
138 finals will be crazy
152 semis and finals should be great Kibe and McClenahan could both be on the podium in Hershey and Johnson and Urbas really aren't far behind.
220 could have many shakeups behind McClellan

These will be rankings not predictions as I cannot make accurate predictions without seeing the seeds or brackets. If the brackets come out early in the week I may try to do predictions later.
I will however predict state qualifiers by putting them in all caps for further discussion.

Teams
1 Central Mountain
2 Mifflin County
3 Bald Eagle Area
4 Phillipsburg Osceola
5 Bellefonte
6 Altoona
7 State College
8 Hollidaysburg
9 Somerset

1 SARBO Altoona
2 GILHAM BEA
3 Smilnak HOL
4 Rinker CM

1 FISHER MC
2 GIEDROC BEA
3 LEIDY SC
4 Shreffler CM

1 STEWART BEL
2 Chapman PO
3 Wolcott SC
4 Burk MC

1 Smith Bel
2 Weitosh PO
3 Taptich MC
4 Dively HOL

1 ANDRUS CM
2 Wise MC
3 Coppollo BEL
4 Wagner Altoona

1 KOLENO BEA
2 SWARTZ HOL
3 Coleman CM
4 Retherford MC

1 RIGG BEA
2 Long CM
3 Richner BEL
4 Hassinger MC

1 MCCLENAHAN BEA
2 KIBE MC
3 Urbas SC
4 Johnson PO

1 CORL CM
2 BARR SC
3 Rossman BEL
4 Boutiller Altoona

1 HIDLAY MC
2 WEAVER CM
3 Klinger PO
4 Howe BEL

1 MCCREADY HOL
2 Mondy BEL
3 Bisel BEA
4 Krepps MC

1 URBAS SC
2 Anderson PO
3 Riggle CM
4 Close BEA

1 MCCLELLAN Altoona
2 Houtz CM
3 Todaro MC
4 Dellinger HOL

1 SIMMERS Altoona
2 Smith PO
3 Edwards CM
4 Heasley SC

Re: D6 AAA predictions

Hey ranKING, some really great points and good predictions - especially considering you did it before the brackets came out! I agree that the title is Central Mountains to lose. They are just too balanced as a team and have more depth than Mifflin County, BEA, PO, and Bellefonte. I think BEA will give them a run for their money with five finalists and three champions. However, BEA will not be able to replicate their dual meet heroics in their regular season win over the Wildcats. BEA's drought for a district title, dating back since 2006?, will go on for another season. I don't think it will be as close as 2011 (when BEA came within 8 points of the Cats) but it will be close. Mifflin County is solid and came to wrestle two Saturdays ago as they knocked off BEA and CM at Tyrone, but they will not have enough wrestlers in the finals and will be missing all of those points. I expect PO to have a solid tournament and put in one of their best finishes that PO has had in quite some time. Pataky has those boys peaking at the right time.

Team Race
1. CM
2. BEA
3. MC
4. PO
5. SC
6. Bellefonte
7. Altoona
8. Hol
9. Somerset

106 - have it going chalk, hard to see too many upsets here
1. Sarbo 2. Gilham 3. Smilnak 4. Rinker

113 - Clear favorite in the SQ Fisher but 2-5 wrestlers are full of quality and parity. Very deep weight, will be fun to watch.
1. Fisher 2. Giedroc 3. Leidy 4. Shreffler

120 - Stewart vs Chapman could be a good final. Burk vs Bechdel in a rematch for a trip to regionals.
1. Stewart 2. Chapman 3. Woolcott 4. Bechdel

126 - The Sr. Taptich back from injury takes on Fr. Weitoish in the Semis.
1. Weitoish 2. Smith 3. Taptich 4. Dively

132 - Coppolo up two weight classes, tough match up against Wise in the Semis. Holderman takes out Wagner in a rematch in the quarters for the 4th spot.
1. Andrus 2. Wise 3. Coppolo 4. Holderman

138 - Looks to have chalk written all over it. Two of Swartz's five losses are to Koleno. I call Swartz with the first take down but Koleno pins him in the third in a cradle.
1. Koleno 2. Swartz 3. Coleman 4. Retherford

145 - Can Rigg beat Long a third time this season? Can Richner upset Long in the semis?
1. Rigg 2. Long 3. Richner 4. Hassinger

152 - McClenahan hung on to beat Kibe 1-0 in the regular season and the rematch did not happen in the District Dual finals. Expect a nailbiter again. Should be two state placewinners in the district finals. Johnson and Urbas will battle for third as it pits Freshman against Senior. Can one of them make it to Hershey as well?
1. McClenahan 2. Kibe 3. Johnson 4. Urbas

160 - The strength of Barr vs the experience of Corl.
1. Barr 2. Corl 3. Boutiller 4. Rossman

170 - Hoagie
1. Hidlay 2. Weaver 3. Klinger 4. Howe

182 - Solid Top 4 at this weight
1. McCready 2. Bisel 3. Mondy 4. Krepps

195 - Common opponents say Close over Anderson
1. Urbas 2. Close 3. Anderson 4. Riggle

220 - #2-6 make is seem like it could be competitive behind McClellan
1. McClellan 2. Houtz 3. Todaro 4. Davidson

285 -
1. Simmers 2. Edwards 3. Smith 4. Smith-Price