District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SW AA Regional Preview and Predictions (132-152)

This could be a weight that is wide open. On the top, the Powers/Kazalas winner will have the best chance to get to the finals. They will, however, have to get by Miscovich to get there. On the bottom half…well, it is as open as the bottom half of the 126 bracket. The youngster Schultheis put together an unbelievable weekend last week…Can he do it again? Chambers, Proudfit and Corrado will be in the hunt as well. I will go with the freshman, Corrado down below. He will get to the finals and drop a close decision to Kazalas.

Prediction:
1. Kazalas 2. Corrado 3. Powers 4. Miscovich 5. Schultheis 6. Benson 7. Chambers 8. Baker

Top Matchups:

1st Rd – Proudfit/Corrado and Chambers/Benson
QTRs – Powers/Kazalas (Should be the final)
Semis – Powers/Kazalas winner vs. Miscovich and Schultheis v. Corrado

Wildcard: (Someone not in the top 6)

Chambers has been tough all year. Baker has had some good wins, but will need to put together three good ones to make it to Hershey. Proudfit could make a deep run as well.

District 6 Outlook:
Powers could be the champ. If he falls to Kazalas, I could see him finishing 3rd. Turner could make a run to the top 8. I think Templeton and Royer have the toughest draws here. They both have to get by some state ranked wrestlers to have a chance. Benson has the ability to place in the top 6, but could go 1-2 as well…I have him in the top 6.

I do not see Dowling getting challenged until the finals. Even then, I do not think he will be. Dowling will be the Regional Champ here. On the bottom half of the bracket, I see Beatty wrestling the Swab/Pugh quarterfinal match winner to see who faces Dowling. Pugh is super tough, but I don’t see him getting past both Beatty and Swab. I think Beatty will eek one out against Swab. I actually have Pugh coming back to finish 3rd and avenge the Swab loss. This may be the WPIAL’s weakest weight overall.

Prediction:
1. Dowling 2. Beatty 3. Pugh 4. Swab 5. Talko 6. Stewart 7. Pail 8. Miller

Top Matchups:

1st Rd – Feltman/Stewart
QTRs – Pugh/Swab and Pail/Beatty (The winners will represent a good semi matchup.)

Feltman could make it to the semifinals up top. Pail has been the WPIAL’s top wrestler at this weight.

District 6 Outlook:
I think District 6 has a good chance to take the top 3 spots here. I also think Talko and Feltman have the ability to sneal into the top 6 if they have two solid days of wrestling. This is a weight in which the district could see a nice representation at Hershey.

Caldwell and Demor are the big guns here. I think Demor has an easy path to the finals. Caldwell will have to get through District 7’s Cusick and Griffiths to have a shot at taking down the best 3 the WPIAL has to offer. I think Caldwell will make it through the first 2, but he will fall to Demor in a wild finals match. I see Cusick and Griffiths wrestling in the consi-finals. Lee could make a run to the semis as well.

Prediction:
1. Demor 2. Caldwell 3. Griffiths 4. Cusick 5. Dorian 6. Melnyk 7. Lee 8. Akers

Top Matchups:

1st RD – Courts/Melnyk and Dorian/Jellison (Only because I think both winners will end up qualifying for Hershey)
QTRs – Lee/Griffiths and Cusick/Caldwell (Winners will be a top semi match)

Lee is a stud and could easily get into the semis.

District 6 Outlook:

Caldwell should represent the district well with a runner-up finish. I think Dorian has put together an outstanding year, and will be rewarded with a trip to Hershey. I see Courts having an outside chance as his quadrant of the bracket is wide open.

The talk for this one will be who is getting the last 4 spots. McCoy and Lawrence will be a fun match to watch. This should be the preview for the Finals on Saturday afternoon at the Giant Center in two weeks. After them, I think District 6 will have a chance to push 3 through to Hershey. Todaro is huge for 152 pounds. I think that the 3rd place match between him and Christie will be fun to watch as well. Going back to the real reason we want to see 152, I will go with McCoy in the finals.
Predictions:
1. McCoy 2. Lawrence 3. Todaro 4. Christie 5. Law 6. Rothrock 7. Wileman 8. Supanick
Top Matchups:
1st Rd – Wileman v. Komara
QTRs – Christie v. Law
Wileman v. Law Consi Qtrs winner will make the top 6. Holbay is fun to watch and could make a run as well. Komara could make some noise in the consolation bracket.
District 6 Outlook:
Todaro will definitely get a taste of Chocolatetown. I think Rothrock will get there as well. Law and Wileman will battle it out for the finals spot. I could see Holbay going on a run, but I don’t see him getting past Wileman and Law.