District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recruting Period

Anyone know the recruting period for high school? I'm sure some schools already have their letter of intent? Any big names moving? Sarbo and McCready to McCort? Urbas & McClanahan to SJCA? Hard to not take advantage and miss out the high quality education, well except the non wrestler family members.

Re: Recruting Period

D6 Fan....If any of these wrestlers leave for McCort or SJCA, I'll bet the AD's and their parent schools will all over this like flies on do do.........

I literally just spit out my coffee through my nose .. well played. Happy “off” season!!

Hey Topper86:

It's a long time until next season--- I expect that there will be some movement on the recruiting front. But how about a new D6AA movement. Here's the concept.

D6AA is a powerhouse with terrific small town/school community fanbases. Just a thought (keep in mind that for many years one of the great wrestling minds in D6 and PA tried to bring something like this to fruition but was unable to do so).

Proposal that the D6AA individual tournament relocate from AAHS Fieldhouse to Rec Hall (the hallowed home of the team that has now claimed 7 of the past 8 NCAA team titles). Only the D6AA tournament, not the D6AAA event.

I realize that is a longer trip for the people in the Western End of D6; but consider the venue and the opportunity for the student-athletes from across more than two dozen programs in D6AA to actually wrestle and compete in Rec Hall. The concept/proposal would need support from coaches across D6AA---- there are a number of coaches in the district with direct ties to PSU's program---Coach Strayer, Coach Pataky, Assistant Coach Beitz to name a few at different D6AA programs. Also, although they have been much-maligned on this forum at times--- SJCA obviously wields considerable and growing clout in the State College/PSU main campus area (i.e. the SJCA head coach is the brother of Edinboro's head coach who was an PSU standout in the 1980's). Wrestling is a special sport with a relatively small fraternity---- that transcends a lot of peripheral bickering. I think it would be great to see (for example, kids from Glendale, Mount Union, West Branch, and FH Rangers and PO Mounties whose coaches wrestled in Rec Hall)--- all get that opportunity that once (from the 1950's to the late 1970's) was only given to the state tournament qualifiers.

D6AA is a powerful district--- always has been and is now adding two more solid programs to the mix with big fan bases. D6AA has enough muscle and influence if it chooses to unify and you use it to make the D6AA tournament in Rec Hall actually happen. Just some thoughts about that possibility--and opportunity for more than 250 wrestlers across D6 next winter.

** And especially given your WH heritage--- consider too that proposal that has unsuccessfully been floated around in the past considering the D6 Duals "final four" which is always in Tyrone (yeah, I know---centrally located and only town with a Bullpen). Why not have the D6 Duals Final Four Saturday be wrestled in the home gym of the defending champion team. If that were the case, the Final Four in AA next season would be at Westmont and the AAA duals would be at Mifflin County. The champion school would host those events until they were dethroned. That most likely means that it would not remain in one place for very many consecutive seasons in AA; but many years in the foreseeable future, the AAA duals would likely be in Mill Hall.

Just another idea that is worth more than a passing thought then a rubber stamp vote to send it again back to Clay Avenue and the Bullpen.

Cost, $$$$$$$

http://www.sungazette.com/sports/local-sports/2018/03/piaas-problem-worsening/

It’s all over in all sports.
The PIAA lacks the courage or will to address it.

This continues at our peril.

You act like these kids committed some crime.

Just let them wrestle

The article hit's the problem head on if it's good for one then it's good for all! I would also suggest that schools that want to recruit find it difficult to get match's and games scheduled with any school within a 200 mile radius

CDragons
You act like these kids committed some crime.

Just let them wrestle
Definitely NOT the kids
I have NEVER blamed the KIDS.

Interesting twist in the “recruiting period”. Myers to Bellefomte

What are the deets on that?