District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Top District 6 Teams all-time

OK... Let's start a fun debate. Give your top 5 teams all time in District 6. Maybe one list for AA and one for AAA or all combined.

Re: Top District 6 Teams all-time

AA with a doubt, 1993 BEN. 275 Team pts, 7 champs, 1 runner-up, 2 third, 2 fourth.

1997 BEA - 7 Champions, 2 runner-ups, 3 thirds, 1 5th. 286.5 points. Eventually, they would qualify 10 wrestlers for the PIAA State Tournament, all having a AA enrollment, and HOME GROWN!

Another in AA has to be 1999 or 2000 district and regional champion Claysburg teams. 5 district champs, 8 state qualifiers one of those 2 years. One year made the state semi-finals losing to eventual champ brookville, and were state runners up. Also, all home grown!

D6fan
Another in AA has to be 1999 or 2000 district and regional champion Claysburg teams. 5 district champs, 8 state qualifiers one of those 2 years. One year made the state semi-finals losing to eventual champ brookville, and were state runners up. Also, all home grown!
I believe that one state finalist in 99 was a transfer. Correct me if I'm wrong.

CK did have a finalist in 99 that transferred in from Central but grew up in the elem program at CK. He was one of 2 finalists that year. 2000 is when they were state runner-up. Looking at the scores at the dual meet district championships that year, I don't think one kid would have been the difference. They beat United in the semis 61-6 and beat Forest Hills 55-9. IF there was a dual team in district 6 AA history, that could have beaten BEA, this was it!

The 2010 Central Mt. team might have been one of the states best teams of all time . I’m not sure any district 6 team could of matched up to that team. I would say they would be at the top of the list.