District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Tournament for next year

The Kovalchick Center is a state of the art facility that will be hosting the Mid-Winter Mayhem tournament next season (1/10/20 & 1/11/20) on campus of IUP.
This will be a Varsity individual tournament worth 3 points that will look to host 32 competitive teams (possibly more depending on interest). This time of the year
sees more dual meet tournaments that anything, so we are looking to start a high level individual tourney. In addition to a competitive field, the Outstanding Wrestler
will be receiving a scholarship allocation. On top of that the Team Champion will receive a scholarship allocation to hand out to a wrestler of their choice. There will be an approval process with the tourney panel prior to approval.. so if you are interested or have any questions please contact Tournament Director, Paul Myers, at UPJMYERS@yahoo.com or 814-502-5439.

Re: New Tournament for next year

Absolutely superb timing to announce this event. This morning as I checked various Central Pa media for wrestling news, I learned from the usually unreliable Centre Daily Times that PA 77th District Rep GREAT Scott Conklin (a Bill Clinton and Harry Truman hybrid) who loves public schools and represents people in parts of BEA, PO, and State College is forcing a legislative vote to change the rules so that the PIAA will crown separate public (geo boundary) and private (no borders) champs as early as next season. Given that he supposedly has a 92% success rate at getting his bills made into law, this separation appears imminent.

So, this new tourney at IUP should be a very exclusive event. The guys at the pizza shop between I99 and CRHS recommend that this new tournament for next season become the inaugural PIAA Private and Borderless School state championship for WRESTLING.

The PIAA wrestling enrollment website even made it very easy to identify the 32 schools that should participate. Here they are and note the enormous economic benefit to Indiana County with the large contingent being travelers from the Philly area:

Mariana Bracetti 12
Roman Catholic 12
Saint Joseph’s Prep 12
Pitt Central Cath 7
Father Judge 12
Palumbo Academy 12
Archbishop Ryan 12
Cathedral Prep 10
Boys Latin 12
Archbishop Wood 12
Trinity 3
Archbishop Carroll 12
Cardinal O’Hara 12
BECAHI 11
Belmont Chart 12
Notre Dame GP 11
Bishop McDevitt 3
Allentown Central Catholic 11
Pope John Paul II 11
Scranton Prep 2
Cardinal Wuerl NC 7
Conwell Egan Catholic 12
Bishop McDevitt 12
Delone Catholic 3
Summit Academy 7
Church Farm 1
Valley Forge Mil Acad 1
Faith Christian 1
Bishop McCort 6
SJCA 6
Phil-Mont Christian 1
Logos Academy 3

A perfect 32-wrestler bracket to crown individual and team tournament champions for the Keystone State teams without borders courtesy of the PIAA and some D5 and LHAC fans at the number one ranked pizza shack in Bedford County.