District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
District 6 AA Predictions (152-285)

There are 11 guys that I see with a chance to move on at this weight. I feel that Rothrock, Dale, Weitosh and Holbay are the best four here. I understand the point system, but I do not think Weyandt and Rothrock like their draw with Dale. I am also anxious to see Weitosh and Holbay in the semis. I see Dale beating Weitosh to win it all. Rothrock will top Holbay and finish 3rd. After that, the other 7-8 guys will battle it out for 2 spots.
Predictions:
1. Dale 2. Weitosh 3. Rothrock 4. Holbay 5. Kuhn 6. A. Taylor 7. Weyandt
RD of 16:
Kuhn v. Morgan, A. Taylor v. Shawley and R. Taylor v. Matson
QTRS:
Rothrock v. Kuhn and Dale v. Weyandt
Darkhorses:
Matson and Kuhn

A lot of movement at the end of the year has made this weight really tough! I see Stoltzfus coming out of the top half, with Sossong surviving a wild one with Allebach. I think the Link v. Harr quarterfinal match may be one of the best ones on Friday! I think the only question is who will get the final spot to move on to IUP.
Predictions:
1. Stoltzfus 2. Sossong 3. Harr 4. Link 5. Allebach 6. Yingling 7. FInkle
Rd of 16:
Latshaw v. Finkle, Link v. Shimmel and Sabol v. Gority
QTRS:
Link v. Harr
Darkhorses:
SHimmel, Yingling and Finkle

With the moves to 160, Brown will walk into Altoona with a big smile on his face! I see him winning the title over the Marcozzi and Baney winner. I think Rosenberger is a tough kid who could have been in the finals if he wasn't on the side with Brown. I think the last two spots are open for a few kids to make a splash!
Predictions:
1. Brown 2. Marcozzi 3. Rosenberger 4. Hicks 5. Baney 6. Miller 7. Cantolina
Rd of 16:
Miller v. Cantolina
QTRS:
HIcks v. Rosenberger
Darkhorses:
Cantolina and Eckenrode

Yingling settles in at this weight and will win over Henigen, although I think Smychynsky is the 2nd best at this weight. I think the top half quarterfinals could be exciting, with Henigen beating Bisel in the semis I think the 6th spot is wide open here.
Predictions:
1. Yingling 2. Henigin 3. Smychynsky 4. Bisel 5. Kocik 6. Weakland 7. Holbay
Rd of 16:
None
QTRS:
Bisel v. Holbay, Henigen v. Kocik
Darkhorses:
Holbay and Kocik (He has the ability to pin his way to the finals.)

The only question here is who will Franklin beat in the finals? I see Close, Dudurich and Whaley as the top three guys on the bottom half of the bracket. I will go with Close to finish 2nd. I think Dluhos and Felker will wrestle in the quarters and in the consi-finals.
Predictions:
1. Franklin 2. Close 3. Felker 4. Dluhos 5. Dudurich 6. Whaley 7. Kennedy-CIteroni
Rd of 16:
Citeroni v. Peters
QTRS:
Dluhos v. Felker and Dudurich v. Whaley
Darkhorses:
Citeroni

There are a few athletic 220 lbers this year. Johnston, Reed and Covalt move pretty well. I will go with Johnston winning the title over Covalt. I think Reed will beat Croft to finish 3rd. If Croft can keep any matches under 5 total points, he will have a chance to win against Covalt and/or Reed. The final two spots will go to Wagner and McCullough. I do not see anyone else coming close to beating these six.
Prediction:
1. Johnston 2. Covalt 3. Reed 4. Croft 5. McCullough 6. Wagner 7. Burns
QTRS:
Reed v. Wagner and Croft v. McCullough
Darkhorses:
THompson (First matches were last weekend)
Ryan and Winfield will be a fun match to watch in the finals. I think there are 5 or 6 other guys here that are good, but not in the same level as Ryan and WInfield. I am anxious to see Yonko take on the likes of Shaw, Beatty and Kikto. I think a Yonko/Kitko match for 3rd would be fun to watch as they both like to throw.
Predictions:
1. Ryan 2. Winfield 3. Kitko 4. Yonko 5. Beatty 6. Shaw 7. Jasper
Rd of 16:
Black v. Jasper
QTRS:
Shaw v. Yonko and Kikto v. Beatty
Darkhorses:
Jasper

Team Race
I think it is a four horse race for the top spot between GLendale, Forest Hills, Westmont and St. Joes.

Top 5:
1. St. Joes
2. Westmont
3. Glendale
4. FH
5. Penns Valley

Re: District 6 AA Predictions (152-285)

I don’t think you are giving Evan Pellegrine enough credit.