District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Questions

I’m a newer wrestling fan in the area. This weekends tournament was amazing to watch and it seemed like there’s a lot of talent in this district!
On that note I have a couple questions, why do people hate St. Joes so much? All of the parents and kids are extremely humble and talented from what I saw so why do they get jeered so much?

Also, how many of these district champs and placers go on to place at states?
From what I read D6AA is harder than D6AAA, I’m confused on how this is possible due to AAA being larger schools.

Re: Questions

The answer to your question is very easy. St. Joes has poached the area wrestling programs of their top talent to assemble an All Star team, and they get to compete against the same small, homegrown programs that they’ve pirated. As stated earlier, they have 7 district placewinners who were introduced to wrestling and groomed by 5 different public school programs (Bellefonte, St. College, Mifflin County, Mifflinburg, and Dubois). Last year they had other top wrestlers from Penns Valley, Bellefonte, St. College, and Lewistown but couldn’t afford to keep paying tuition for the kids so the families returned to their home schools. The PIAA does nothing to discourage recruiting at the private school level, so yes, the public school programs are going to take exception!

Thanks for answering! I figured it was something along those lines as most catholic schools are attractive for top high school talent. If it’s the kids decesion and they’re happy, what does it really matter? I mean I guess my point of view is as long as they don’t compete in district duals and from my understanding from what I picked up talking to people yesterday, they rarely compete locally so I don’t see how it affects so many people so personally enough to mistreat them.

I must have missed something. How were they mistreated? There was one incident in which the crowd expressed displeasure, but that was a wrestling situation, not a school situation.

D6Fan2
The answer to your question is very easy. St. Joes has poached the area wrestling programs of their top talent to assemble an All Star team, and they get to compete against the same small, homegrown programs that they’ve pirated. As stated earlier, they have 7 district placewinners who were introduced to wrestling and groomed by 5 different public school programs (Bellefonte, St. College, Mifflin County, Mifflinburg, and Dubois). Last year they had other top wrestlers from Penns Valley, Bellefonte, St. College, and Lewistown but couldn’t afford to keep paying tuition for the kids so the families returned to their home schools. The PIAA does nothing to discourage recruiting at the private school level, so yes, the public school programs are going to take exception!
Perfect summation