District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
District 6 AA Tournament Thoughts (106-145)

bigd6Fan, I really like your analysis. I wanted to share a few thoughts from the weekend’s action. First, it was nice to see how packed the gym was. There was a great turnout to support all of the wrestlers. I am already excited for IUP!!!

Suds is definitely tough! Toth actually wrestled a smart match against him, but Dubler was able to get a couple takedowns. Gavin Stewart had a good tournament. I think Beatty did a nice job coming back from a tough loss on Friday night to finish 3rd.
Interesting Results: Stewart’s 4-2 win over Beatty in the Quarters

Jackson Arrington is a hammer!! I was glad to see Gilham hang with him in the finals. Gilham is a hard-nosed kid that wants to scrap. The top 6 here are all good. I cannot say I was surprised to see Simmons beat Kushner and make a good run in the tournament.
Interesting Results: Simmons 5-4 over Kushner

Ohl looked really good this weekend. He was able to shut Shunk down and prevent him from scoring from the top position. Those two could see each other again this weekend! Jack Bruse is good, as well, but I heard he is out now. I thought Armstrong would do better than he did, but he was able to recover and finish 7th and has a chance in IUP now. Foster was able to recover from his early loss to Geidroc to win 4 in a row to move on.
Interesting Results: Foster by fall over Armstrong (in 20 seconds)

Brock McMillen’s pace is unbelievable! He is always looking to score. Daubert had a great tournament as well. Denochick recovered nicely from his quarterfinal lost and gave Daubert all he could handle for 3rd. Proudfit is a really sound wrestler and is tough to score on. He looked good against Polacek before he ran into the energizer Viking. Kisiel made a nice run in the consi’s to move on.
Interesting Results: Daubert pinning Denochick in the questers. Denochick 4-0 over Polacek

Witmer put together a great tournament. He looked really good in the finals in beating Royer. Royer is fun to watch. He is a go getter and his semifinal match against Chapman didn’t disappoint. I think they covered every inch of the mat with their scrambles and funks. I think Mangus had a good tournament as well.
Interesting Results: Chapman 1-0 over Mangus

Does anyone else think Gibson looks huge? By the way, he is a really good wrestler. I think DuVall put a great tournament together and really wore out Kelly in the semis. By chance, did anyone see what happened in his match with Richner? I know they were scrambling and then I heard the whistle, looked over and they were shaking hands. There were a lot of tough guys at this weight and it provided for some great wrestling. Jordan Bailey put together a nice tournament after losing his first match.
Interesting Result: DuVall by Fall over RIchner and Kelly. Bailey 4-0 over Washic and 5-3 over Wagner

Dowling was a young man on a mission this weekend. I was impressed with Kirkpatrick’s run to the finals as I thought Korenoski has looked really good this year. Logan Marko put a nice tournament together as well and gave Korenoski all he could handle for 3rd (9-7). Krug looked really good and lost a couple of tough matches.
Interesting Results: Koleno pinning Deline, Kirkpatrick 3-1 over Korenoski and Pyle 11-4 over Berardinelli

Re: District 6 AA Tournament Thoughts (106-145)

Ron Stump
bigd6Fan, I really like your analysis. I wanted to share a few thoughts from the weekend’s action. First, it was nice to see how packed the gym was. There was a great turnout to support all of the wrestlers. I am already excited for IUP!!!

Suds is definitely tough! Toth actually wrestled a smart match against him, but Dubler was able to get a couple takedowns. Gavin Stewart had a good tournament. I think Beatty did a nice job coming back from a tough loss on Friday night to finish 3rd.
Interesting Results: Stewart’s 4-2 win over Beatty in the Quarters

Jackson Arrington is a hammer!! I was glad to see Gilham hang with him in the finals. Gilham is a hard-nosed kid that wants to scrap. The top 6 here are all good. I cannot say I was surprised to see Simmons beat Kushner and make a good run in the tournament.
Interesting Results: Simmons 5-4 over Kushner

Ohl looked really good this weekend. He was able to shut Shunk down and prevent him from scoring from the top position. Those two could see each other again this weekend! Jack Bruse is good, as well, but I heard he is out now. I thought Armstrong would do better than he did, but he was able to recover and finish 7th and has a chance in IUP now. Foster was able to recover from his early loss to Geidroc to win 4 in a row to move on.
Interesting Results: Foster by fall over Armstrong (in 20 seconds)

Brock McMillen’s pace is unbelievable! He is always looking to score. Daubert had a great tournament as well. Denochick recovered nicely from his quarterfinal lost and gave Daubert all he could handle for 3rd. Proudfit is a really sound wrestler and is tough to score on. He looked good against Polacek before he ran into the energizer Viking. Kisiel made a nice run in the consi’s to move on.
Interesting Results: Daubert pinning Denochick in the questers. Denochick 4-0 over Polacek

Witmer put together a great tournament. He looked really good in the finals in beating Royer. Royer is fun to watch. He is a go getter and his semifinal match against Chapman didn’t disappoint. I think they covered every inch of the mat with their scrambles and funks. I think Mangus had a good tournament as well.
Interesting Results: Chapman 1-0 over Mangus

Does anyone else think Gibson looks huge? By the way, he is a really good wrestler. I think DuVall put a great tournament together and really wore out Kelly in the semis. By chance, did anyone see what happened in his match with Richner? I know they were scrambling and then I heard the whistle, looked over and they were shaking hands. There were a lot of tough guys at this weight and it provided for some great wrestling. Jordan Bailey put together a nice tournament after losing his first match.
Interesting Result: DuVall by Fall over RIchner and Kelly. Bailey 4-0 over Washic and 5-3 over Wagner

Dowling was a young man on a mission this weekend. I was impressed with Kirkpatrick’s run to the finals as I thought Korenoski has looked really good this year. Logan Marko put a nice tournament together as well and gave Korenoski all he could handle for 3rd (9-7). Krug looked really good and lost a couple of tough matches.
Interesting Results: Koleno pinning Deline, Kirkpatrick 3-1 over Korenoski and Pyle 11-4 over Berardinelli

I heard something on twitter that has to do with bruces appendix can anyone confirm

Mr. Stump thank you for putting together
your rankings and summaries each week, it makes for some nice, intelligent wrestling debate. I enjoy reading them, congrats to all the boys advancing to Regionals and all the kids who gave their all on the mat. It was an entertaining tournament and I'm looking forward to seeing how our D6 boys do at IUP. I obviously pay more attention to the 145 pound class but there were some great matches and performances.

Brock McMullen, Erik Gibson and Caleb Dowling are just on a different level. Rothrock and Holbay was the best match of the weekend in my opinion.
I'm looking forward to a potential Gibson vs Ealy showdown at Regionals that one could be worth the price of admission itself.

Best of luck everyone and thanks again Ron.

i can confirm myself. i was developing pain through friday night into saturday and couldn’t bear it any longer on return home saturday, so i went to the hospital. i am out for the rest of the postseason, but i’ll still be rooting on my d6 guys!

Jack,

I wish you the best of luck with everything you do and with your future at Franklin & Marshall. I enjoy watching you wrestle. You always keep an even temper when you wrestle and seem like a great kid!!

Ron,

Thank you for the nice remarks. I appreciate you reaching out.