District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
District 6 AA Tournament Thoughts (152-285)

I know Holbay is good, but I did not expect him to win it. Kuddos to him! I think Jon Dale looked tough and lost a tough match to Rothrock. I think if this tournament was wrestled four times, we may get four different winners. Caleb Morgan had a good tournament, as did Alex Taylor.
Interesting Results: Holbay 8-3 over Weitosh, Morgan 9-6 over Kuhn and 11-9 over Weyandt. Taylor 7-4 over Kuhn

Stoltzfus is so good from the top position. He made some really good wrestlers look average when he was on top. Sossong, Allebach and Link are going to make some noise at IUP. Allebach had some good wins over Harr and Link to finish 3rd.
Interesting Results: Stoltzfus pinning Sossong, Sabol 2-1 over Harr and Allebach pinning Harr

Derek Brown is very physical and intense. I thought Marcozzi and Rosenberger did good jobs keeping the score close with him. I would like to re-watch the Hicks and Rosenberger quarterfinal match as that was so entertaining. Rosenberger has improved a lot since last year and had a good tournament.
Interesting Results: Rosenberger over Baney 11-1

Derek Yingling is a hard-nosed kid. (Even though I think he gets a bloody nose every match) I believe Henigin is the second best at this weight, but Kocik showed off his big move prowess down 11-3 to Henigin in the quarters.
Interesting Results: Bisel 3-1 over Kocik (thought this would be high scoring) and Kocik by fall of Henigin

Kolby Franklin is really good for a 9th Grader. I think Trent Whaley had a really good tournament and had two good wins over Dudurich and was a couple of seconds away from a 1-1 OT match with Close.
Interesting Results: Whaley by fall over Dudurich. Yastro by fall over Citeroni

Croft was able to keep the matches close with Covalt and Johnston, but Cory Johnston looked really good at this weight. Eric Wagner put a really good tournament together to finish 3rd. Isaiah Reed has a state champion caliber mustache! Tyler Anderson put together a nice run after losing his first match.
Interesting Results: Wagner 10-6 over Reed and 7-5 over Covalt. Anderson pinning McCullough and Croft 3-1 over Covalt

I was impressed with Beatty. He had a good comeback win against Kitko and gave Winfield everything he could handle. Winfield and Ryan was a good match as well, but Jake Ryan is just a winner and refuses to lose. After 1 and 2, most of the matches at 285 come down to one of two things: 1. Who wins the first flip and 2. Who falls on who first. I think Black had a good run to advance to regionals here.
Interesting Results: Beatty by fall over Kitko, Shaw 3-2 over Yonko, Black 3-1 over Yonko and 9-5 over Beatty.

Regional predictions should be out Wednesday night.