District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AA SW Regional Predictions (106-132)

Wrestling Christmas is here for the second weekend in a row!! Once again, I am excited to see some of the best wrestlers in the state go at it in the Kovalchick Center. I want to wish all of our District 6 representatives the best of luck. I think District 7 has some really good kids this year, but I see our D6 contingent going toe-to-toe with them and the kids from District 5. I think the quarterfinals and semifinals will be fun and exciting to watch!
I have included a brief description of each weight along with some darkhorses and my predictions. (I put the two guys I think would be wrestling for 7th and 8th in parenthesis at the end of the predictions.) Remember that these are my thoughts and I wish everyone the best of luck.

This looks to be a Fischer vs. the winner of Dubler and Burkett final. I know Burkett is tough, but I think Dubler is a hammer on top and squeaks out a 1 point win. I will go with Fischer in the finals. Burkett bounces back to get 3rd and I see Toth finishing 4th. I look for Geibig and Beatty to make some noise as well.
Darkhorses: Stewart and Boni
RD of 16 matches: Sabedra v. Stewart
QTRS: Fischer v. Beatty, Dubler v. Geibig
Semifinal match-ups: Fischer v. Toth and Dubler v. Burkett
Predictions:
1. Fischer 2. DUBLER 3. Burkett 4. TOTH 5. Geibig 6. BEATTY (STEWART and Boni)

I see this being a three horse race here as well with Michaels, Salerno and Arrington. Chesnut Ridge is always ready to wrestle, so I could see Holderbaum making a run as well. Yagle is a returning SQ and Ward provide some depth at this weight. I see Gilham making it to the semi’s on Friday to punch his ticket to Hershey.
Darkhorses: Ward, Simmons, Misiura and Yagle
RD of 16 matches: Ward v. Walk, Holderbaum v. Simmons and Misiura v. Salerno
QTRS: Michaels v. Ward, Holderbaum v. Salerno and Yagle v. Arrington
Semifinal match-ups: Michaels v. Gilham and Salerno v. Arrington
Predictions:
1. ARRINGTON 2. Michaels 3. Salerno 4. Yagle 5. Ward 6. GILHAM (Holderbaum and SIMMONS)

Oswalt, Ohl and Shunk lead the charge here. I think Oswalt is really tough and takes out Shunk in the semis and Ohl in an entertaining finals match. I feel that the other three spots are up for grabs between 6 or 7 others. District 7 has a strong contingent at this weight class. I am excited to see Shunk and Alberts go at it right off the bat and I want to see how good Bruce from E. Forward is as he squares off with Ohl.
Darkhorses: Mills, Teeters Alberts, and Bruce
RD of 16 matches: Shunk v. Alberts, Mills v. Gwyer, Teeters v. Dull and Bruce v. Ohl
QTRS: Teeters v. Ohl
Semifinal match-ups: Oswalt v. Shunk and Gwyer v. Ohl
Predictions:
1. Oswalt 2. OHL 3. SHUNK 4. Bruce 5. Gwyer 6. Teeters (Alberts and MILLS)

Loaded! That is what this weight class is. I know McMillen is on another level compared to the others, but after him, I could see up to 10 kids having a chance at the final 5 spots. The answer to who McMillen will face in the finals will be who is wrestling at their best on Friday and Saturday morning. I see 5 potential finalists (Villa, George, Proudfit, Daubert and Cymmerman) on the bottom half of the bracket. I think all of the quarterfinals matches will be fun to watch and the consi’s could be crazy.
Darkhorses: Valvochik, Denochick, Polacek, George and Huehn
RD of 16: Pattison v. Denochick, Polacek v. Callihan, George v. Proudfit and Daubert v. Huehn
QTRS: McMillen v. Ward, Pattison v. Callihan, Villa v. Proudfit and Daubert v. Cymmerman
Semifinal match-ups: McMIllen v. Pattison and Proudfit v. Daubert
Predictions:
1. McMILLEN 2. DAUBERT 3. Cymmerman 4. Ward 5. Pattison 6. PROUDFIT (DENOCHICK and George)

Loaded w/extra cheese!!! I think all of the state qualifiers from this weight could medal at Hershey. I think there will be some great battles here and the Semifinals will be worth the price of admission on Saturday morning. I see another round of Cassidy and Cornell here. I think D6 will get two qualifiers here, as Witmer will be joined by the Chapman v. Royer consi quarter’s match winner.
Darkhorses: Gaul, Mangus, and Weyandt
RD of 16: Ryan c. Chapman, Royer v. Gaul (best 1st rd match-up of the tournament) and Chambers v. Weyandy
QTRS: Redinger v. Chaptman, Royer v. Cornell and Chambers v. Witmer
Semifinal match-ups: Redinger v. Cornell and Cassidy v. Witmer
Predictions:
1. Cassidy 2. Cornell 3. WITMER 4. Redinger 5. Gaul 6. CHAPMAN (ROYER and Chambers)

Re: AA SW Regional Predictions (106-132)

Did you expect redinger(quaker valley) to get pinned at 132