District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boalsburg Mat Club to AAA Next Year?

Heard a rumor at SW Regional that St Joe's going to be AAA Next year, along with Notre Dame GP?

Any truth to this that will actually have some integrity by moving up?

Re: Boalsburg Mat Club to AAA Next Year?

Highly doubt it. Very hard to have a triple a school with 100-150 kids. Also all sports would have to be AAA not just wrestling, and I’m not so sure that the other athletic teams at st joes would survive AAA, it is very hard to even have a full team with such a small school, compared to the AAA schools with 500-2,000 kids.

They can move to AAA if they wish and must stay there for 2 yrs. Not all sports have to go up.

A few years back Bellwood was single A in softball and elected to move up to play AAA for two yrs and come back to A and it did not effect any other sports.

Take a look @ PO and BEA. Both dropped to AA wrestling 2019 & 2020 seasons. Did it effect there other sports programs, no it did not.

Correct, the school's sport can do as they please as long as it is for two seasons. I do not know how this move would benefit The Boalsburg Mat Club. It would definitely hurt the teams in the NWAAA region. With the studs that St. Joes is returning and have coming up from their Junior High team (lol, have coming in for their next recruitment class), things would get much tougher. With only the top 3 reaching Hershey, then adding in the private schools of Erie Cathedral Prep and St. Joe's, the task would be that much tougher.

Not sure if this can be done for next year? That would be in the middle of the 2 year PIAA classification cycle.

Haven’t heard anything about AAA. Doubt it since they are so small. I’ve heard from multiple sources though that the Boalsburg Pike Mat Club might be co-opping with State College next year. Which would make them AAA

Sorry, I put that wrong. State college is only one of the options, along with a few others. They would be able to co-op with any school in center county. So that would be state college, bellefonte, bald eagle, philipsburg, or Pennsvalley. Do you guys think this would be better or worse for the district?

Proceed with caution on this one. If they co-op BF, BEA, PO, or PV total enrollment would change, meaning those schools might have to go to a higher classification depending on the their numbers.

If any co-op were to happen and that is doubtful, it would absolutely be with State College. Nobody else. No other option.

they have 4 other options besides SC. just saying...