District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
D6AA Dual Rankings

Just saw the latest mostly official D6AA Duals Rankings. Good, solid, clean all driven by quantitative metrics like record and strength of schedule. Rick and crew do great work with those and having to get accurate numbers on almost 30 teams.

Does anyone know if D6AA will wrestle to determine a true 2nd place? I think other districts do that. I’m asking because the seeds will continue to change until the final cutoff next week. But there could very well be a situation where the two best teams and both LHAC teams FH and WH end up meeting in the semi finals as 2 and 3 seeds. Without a dual meet to determine true 2nd, that would be a disservice to D6 which takes Top two to PIAA duals and also bad for the LHAC.

Glendale had been the #1 seed before getting handled by Huntingdon last weekend and Huntingdon jumped all the way from #7 to #1 despite being crushed 57-13 by the 4th or 5th best team in D6AAA. That’s not a rip on them but further validated that the two best duals teams in D6AA are FH and WH and if the seeds line up such that they meet before the finals, then one of them will stay home from the Big Dance without a dual meet for true 2nd place.

RIDGE RULES. AGAIN!

Re: D6AA Dual Rankings

While I agree with your suggestion that a “true second” format would be best, I’m not sure that the 2 LHAC teams are the 2 best. Hunt, Glen, P-O, and BEA are all equally as solid. I can honestly see scenarios where any of those 6 could win the D6 title. That’s what makes this year’s duals so exciting. I expect tightly contested duals in every round!!!

Please explain alum banker what does ridge have to do with district 6

Yeah, what interest does Alum Banker have in D6? All the teams that get to the dance and know that there is no true 2nd, so you know what, just win every match and you won't have to worry about being out the outside looking in.

FH threw a fit last year because they were self-annointed 2nd best team, but didn't do what they were supposed to. Winning solves all those problems, so just wrestle and win, and don't worry about true 2nd.

Alum Banker, stick to tiny D5, and leave the real district alone.

Actually, a lot of Ridge fans are very interested in D6AA. Since we’re in the LHAC, we wrestle more overall D6 opponents than D5 until the postseason. And we’ve met many great D6 people at tournaments during the past several seasons. Furthermore, many of us get either the Altoona Mirror and/or the TribDem which cover D6 sports, the LHAC, and also a number of D5 teams including Ridge.

Now I understand the easiest path is to win. And I’m expecting the Lions to do just that in dominating style when the vaunted Toppers come to town on Tuesday

But if that happens, it could ultimately cause a real mess for the LHAC teams battling for D6AA duals honors. I’m just pointing that out because the great standings that Rich somehow keeps organized and updated will still change several times. But check out the cluster in the Top 8 right now—— after Ridge gives the Toppers their 2nd dual meet loss, there will be a greater likelihood of a very bad situation where the best two D6AA teams (FH and WH) very well could be #3 and #6 when final seeds are released. WOW That would be terrible if those two ended up meeting in Sidman on a Tuesday night with only one of them moving on to Tyrone.

I'm sure those coaches could get a harder schedule for their team to increase their points that way they can truly show how great of a team they are. Also just win when you need to win. Who wants to hang their hat on "We are the true 2nd best team in the district." Everyone wants to be the champ, that is the goal. To do that, the team has to win.

Reynolds had an impressive showing Friday at Ultimate Duals!

While I usually don't agree with you Alum Banker, you offer a very valid point. If other districts do that, I'd truly love to hear from the decision makers at D6 why D6 doesn't do the same. If only one team made it to the state dance then it would be a mute point. Why not change it? Last year FH was on the wrong end of that.

Ben

Take a look at the current Top 6 in D6AA and their remaining schedules. If you have extra time take a look at how many “power points” each could still earn this week. I did some digging and am hearing that BEA actually has a dual meet against AAA Juniata sometime this week but don’t see it on their schedule on the D6 site. If that is true and given the schedule I see for PO if it is accurate then the two LHAC powers in D6AA have a truly excellent chance of meeting in Sidman on 1/28 for a the right to get to Tyrone. Unless of of course WH can beat our team on Tuesday and I don’t see that after our performance at Ultimate Duals. The LHAC could have three teams in Hershey but I only see two at max right now. And for D6 teams in the LHAC, the final numbers might ensure that only one gets to Tyrone.

RIDGE RULES. AGAIN!