District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ROAR LIONS ROARS

RIDGE 38 WESTMONT 27

This one was not nearly as close as that heart stopper on senior night. But the school from “tiny D5” pulled off their second TOPPER STOPPER victory in 3 weeks. Very little drama except maybe Trevor’s clinching fall at 138. But the Lions looked tough even in bouts they lost. Great example long after the team win was clinched — in the final bout at 152, Jack was down 9-1 late 3rd to maybe the TOP TOPPER but he escaped, got a takedown and finished strong on top. Lost a regular decision 9-4 but showed great fight and toughness late.

The officials did a superb job today as well. And remember the Lions don’t bite you, they simply beat you.

Good Luck to Westmont and Forest Hills in the wrestleback rounds. And to the only LHAC still left with a shot at the state title.

RIDGE RULES. AGAIN!

Re: ROAR LIONS ROARS

Congrats and best of luck to Ridge in the semis. I hope they make a run at the Gold! They won the toss today against Westmont, which in my neutral opinion was a huge difference in the early matchups.

Alum Banker, I’m not sure why you continue to play the underdog card with CR. They won the LHAC and are returning state medalists. As they were in the last matchup with Westmont, on paper they were heavy favorites today. I was impressed that the Hilltoppers seemed to gut out all of the toss up matches. In fact, looking at the box score, CR lost every toss up match. Either way, they are the better team and they’re moving on.

Forest Hills should be ok the next two rounds setting up a possible rematch with Ridge in the consi semis. If Westmont can find some luck and get by the NJ/Del/Pa All-star team known as ND-Green Pond, they could find themselves on the doorstep of placing.

Our area has represented themselves well on the big stage and I hope they all finish strong!

We’re not the underDOGS we’re the Lions. But your points about the coin flip ( I don’t like that system but what would work better) and the toss ups are on. When you got the first takedown at 138, this one looked perilous for us momentarily.

The area was well represented for sure. And Ridge is the underdog from this point on. Good luck against that three state tuition scholarship funded co-op you face in the next round. If we don’t meet again we will see lots of you at IUP in 2 weeks

RIDGE RULES. AGAIN!

Impressive win over WH today. I just heard that both FH and WH we’re eliminated this afternoon so safe travels to the D6 teams on their return home.

Although getting beat down there stinks, it is an honor to represent your school and your district. And in the long run that starts a week from today when the real postseason kicks off, FH and WH might be better off by not staying in that meat grinder for one more day. Gotta be healthy and in Altoona from the opening round onward

Good luck to Ridge; you will certainly need it from here on out in Hershey. The D6 contingent looks forward to seeing the D5 Lions at IUP

We’ll leave it all on the mat in the Giant Center and there will be a pride of Lions at IUP in two weeks.

Win over TOPPERS was important because whichever team lost in that round would have had problems with the Tri-State Private School Green Ponders. But a little surprised at the Rangers going in the tank. Although they are fellow LHAC teams, D6 took it on the chin today 0 and 4 OUCH!

RIDGE RULES. AGAIN!

Read about us in the TribDem. LOL

Does anyone else wish there was a D- 5 Forum? I guess there wouldn’t be much to brag about? Ridge has a good program. No doubt. Enjoy the RIDGE RULES AGAIN for now. Stay in your lane because I think FH may rule for awhile. With that said, good luck today!

Since this seems to be the thread for boasting, 879-95-2. That's a 55yr run. The young men will be waiting for anyone who wants to try.

Yep Raider

Your boys are the measuring stick for all of PA. Greatest program with Lineman beginning the dynasty. Nobody in D6 comes close to the Transfer powerhouse. But those oldtime Greenville legends from the 1950’s and early 60’s are still never going to forgive you for seceding and crushing their once mighty Program.

Greenville didnt die when Reynolds was formed. Up until a few years ago this was still the matchup out in this area. The last few years Greenville has run out JV or forfeited instead of just giving it their best and taking the result. I dunno what type of tone that sets for a program with such a big history as them as well. Best of luck to everyone back there at districts and regions, hope to see many of you at states! For the record, I'm not here to toot reynolds horn really, I graduated from there but my family is from huntingdon co. and i love paying attention to the athletics in general back there.