District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brackets

AA Brackets are posted. Link is on the front page of the D-6 Website

Re: Brackets

Only 13 285's??? How can this be? Don't let the PIAA see this.

If they ever cut from 14 to 13 classes, I think the one that should be cut is 220. Go from 195 to the next one being UNLIMITED. Across PA there have been more gaps at the two heaviest classes than at the two lightest. So cut/consolidate the heaviest two divisions.

No way!!! You think there should be a 6-7 lb difference between the lighter weights and then a possibly 100 lb difference in the top two weights? Let’s see you send your 215-220 lb Freshman son out against a 285 lb senior and you’ll change your mind real quick!

I agree. 195 and 220 is stacked this year. You light weights should wrestle up 60lbs since you want to eliminate 220. That would be dangerous to send a kid out to wrestle someone 90lbs heavier. How about cutting 106 since its mostly freshman and starving seniors trying to beat out the freshman for a state title.

It went from 189 to 275 for 30yrs and worked out just fine. More weight classes equals lower quality wrestling. And just for the record, 195 and 220 have never been loaded.

All about overall participation numbers across PA and the country. Nothing to do with 195 and 220 being stacked in a specific district this year. I wrestled in the heavier weights years ago myself and certainly have no bias in favor of the lightweights.

Actually, if you want to get serious about strengthening the sport (and team aspect of it) at all levels from youth to collegiate—- do what the founder and still chief of Pennsylvania Wrestling Newsmagazine has advocated for years. Make 11 scoring weight classes at every level.

For High School, start at 110. Ten pound increments until the last weight class so 110-120-130-140-150-160-170-180-190-200-UNL. That also means adding one weight class to collegiate wrestling and only having 11 weight classes at the younger levels. His point is good and he has talked to Olympians and NCAA legends about it many times. Theory is that when we try to explain a wrestling “team” to people who Don’t know the sport that it would be great if we could first quantify it as other sports do (ie 5 in basketball, 9 in baseball, and 11 in football at every level from little league to the pros).

Let’s Go Vikes
All about overall participation numbers across PA and the country. Nothing to do with 195 and 220 being stacked in a specific district this year. I wrestled in the heavier weights years ago myself and certainly have no bias in favor of the lightweights.

Actually, if you want to get serious about strengthening the sport (and team aspect of it) at all levels from youth to collegiate—- do what the founder and still chief of Pennsylvania Wrestling Newsmagazine has advocated for years. Make 11 scoring weight classes at every level.

For High School, start at 110. Ten pound increments until the last weight class so 110-120-130-140-150-160-170-180-190-200-UNL. That also means adding one weight class to collegiate wrestling and only having 11 weight classes at the younger levels. His point is good and he has talked to Olympians and NCAA legends about it many times. Theory is that when we try to explain a wrestling “team” to people who Don’t know the sport that it would be great if we could first quantify it as other sports do (ie 5 in basketball, 9 in baseball, and 11 in football at every level from little league to the pros).

This is a GREAT idea !

Thanks for the vote of confidence from the last to contributors. And I agree with the comment that 195 and 220 have never been loaded—— except last year through next year if you are a Selinsgrove fan. And they are AAA so we can let the D6AAA people worry about him in their regional while we rest that weekend and get ready for Hershey.