District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
D6 TEAM DUALS 2021

Word on the street is that the AA and AAA team duals will be run at the same time on 8 mats in the Altoona field house from next year moving forward ! As an overall mutual D6 Fan of both classes I think this will be catastrophic to the sport. Why cram it all at once ? It’s nice to enjoy a full day of good wrestling. Plus Altoona field house sucks for watching wrestling, its 50 yards away from the mats they have less parking than most elementary schools have. PLEASE DONT RUIN A GOOD THING D6 ! Leave this event at Tyrone !

P.S. How can fan have a say in this ! You need us to attend !

Re: D6 TEAM DUALS 2021

Please forward that information to Phil Riccio the district 6 wrestling chair person who is making these unnecessary changes. Ironically he is the Altoona athletic director as well. So it is pretty convenient for him to just be at his work place where he is more able to control everything.

Re: D6 TEAM DUALS 2021

My observation from Tyrone. It is nice to be close to the action as a spectator. However, now try to put yourself in the shoes of the kids competing at Tyrone. 1st, I'm not sure if the PIAA has a minimum size for mats, but those used at Tyrone look like pee-wee mats. (very small wrestling circle). 2nd, I felt bad for the kids competing on the mat closest to the gym entrance. I had to bob & weave my way through a team when I went to use the restroom. Some of the kids were warming up in the gym lobby. I think this event should be showcased as a premier event for the kids who are lucky enough to compete in the district duals. The true fans will show up no matter where it is held, but these kids deserve a better, bigger venue. This is just my observation. This experience is for the kids. Us spectators will always find something to gripe about. (refs, concession prices, etc..)