District 6 Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message and talk about the outstanding wrestlers in District 6. We are not limited to any part of the district, so join in and post your comments!

Just remember to keep it clean and do not bash the student-athletes, coaches, other fans, and yes, even the officials!

We want to continue to make this site the best place to visit for the most informative content in District 6, and your comments and thoughts will help us to maintain those high standards!

if I feel that your comments are derogatory or just plain idiotic, you will be banned from this site without warning. This is NOT why we have this forum and if the problems continue, the site will simply shut down.

I really don't want to do that since it can be a great source of information and a great venue to share ideas as long as they are positive.

District 6 Wrestling Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
D6 championships Predictions (106-145)

Let's Get Ready To RUMBLE......is all I can say! I am so pumped for this weekend. There are going to be some of the best wrestlers in the state going at it in Altoona! I want to wish all of the wrestlers, coaches, parents, and officials the best of luck!! As always, there will be exuberance, heart-ache, triumph and excitement taking place during those 48 hours.

Time for the picks! I am going to give a brief rundown of my thoughts of each weight class, along with some possible match-ups and end with my predictions and possible dark horses (Must be outside of the top 8 seeding).

I consider this being a one-dog race for the title...With that being said, I could see any of seven other wrestlers vying for the final 5 spots. I think Josh Harbert will make it to the finals on the bottom. Cohen Bainey will dominate is way through the top half of the bracket. I am going with Bainey by a major decision in the finals.

Key match-ups:
RD of 16 - Fleshman v. Salurday and Stewart v. Matthews
QTRS - Dunsmore v. Walls and Martyak v. Matthews/Stewart
Dark horse: Cam Stewart and Chase Fleshman
Predictions:
1. Bainey - BEA
2. Harbert - LV
3. Walls - TYR
4. Dunsmore - HUN
5. Martyak - FH
6 - Matthews - CEN

Very good weight here. I see any of the top 4 seeds standing on top of the podium on Saturday night. Make sure to be in your seats Saturday morning when the semis take place!! In the end, I see the top 4 seeds holding steady. After those studs, I could see 6 others fighting it out for the final 2 spots. Even the consys on Saturday will be exciting!

Key match-ups:
Rd of 16 - Cornetto v. Zukus
Semis - Walk v. Dubler and Toth v. Beatty
Dark horse - Liam Cornetto and Justin Darlington
Predictions:
1. Walk - TYR
2. Beatty - MU
3. Toth - FH
4. Dubler - GL
5. Coudriet - PO
6. Cornetto - MC

The collision course for Saturday night will be Gilham and Mills. I can see a lot of points being put up in this match. After these two, I see 6 or 7 wrestlers fighting it out for the final 4 spots. I think the middle quarters between Sipes & Kushner and Crouch & Ball will be fun to watch. I could see Chilcote or Syfert sneaking onto the podium as well..

Key match-ups:
Rd of 16 - Chilcote v. Syfert
QTRS - Sipes v. Kushner and Crouch v. Ball
Dark horse - Caden Chilcote
Predictions:
1. Mills - HUN
2. Gilham -BEA
3. Crouch -CEN
4. Sipes - TYR
5. Safest -RL
6. Ball - MV

I think the top 3 are locked in here. I think the battle here will be for 4-6. I think Polacek can hang with Suds, but not beat him. Arrington is a hammer and will breeze into the finals. We will see a good one on Saturday night!

Key match-ups:
Qtrs - Stewart v. Westrick
Semis - Polacek v. Dubler
Dark horse - Caden Reamer
Predictions:
1. Arrington
2. Dubler
3. Polacek
4. Morehouse
5. Stewart
6. Lazer

Other than McMillen being a beast, this weight should be fun to see play out. I think any of the top 10 wrestlers here could make it to IUP. I see a few upsets happening along the way, but this is one weight where the Quarters on Friday will be exciting!

Top match-ups:
RD 16 - Richner v. Dunkleberger
Qtrs - Dunn v. Armstrong, Teeter v. Claycomb, Harbert v. Oil
Semis - Ohl v. Teeter
Dark horse - Alex Richner (hard to say as he is a 3x Regional Qualifier) & Mason Walls
Predictions:
1. McMillen
2. Teeter
3. Ohl
4. Harbert
5. Armstrong
6. Dunkleberger

I do not see anyone stopping Witmer on the top half of the bracket. Chapman and Royer should be a good battle Saturday morning. I am anxious to see the quarters between Misura & Mangus and Chapman v. Flann

Top match-ups:
Qtrs - Misura v. Mangus and Chapman v. Flinn
Semis - Chapman v. Royer
Dark horse - Zander Ballock, Chandler Lauer and Cole Stuchel
Predictions:
1. Witmer
2. Royer
3. Chapman
4. Flinn
5. Mangus
6. Lauer

Buckle in, because Saturday night could be a wild match between Gibson and Gage. I see all of the top 6 holding true here.

Top match-ups:
Qtrs - Ritter v. Korenoski
Predictions:
1. Gibson
2. McClenehan
3. Warshel
4. Korenoski
5. Rutter
6. Foster