Return to Website

THE "DYLAN: CONTRABAND" BOOTLEG FORUM

WANT TO TALK about Bob?s bootlegs? Wanna know which CD is the unmissable souvenir of your last gig? Got ANY boot question, and don?t know where to turn?

Then THE BOOTLEG FORUM is the place for you!

WITH MOST BD PERFORMANCES being mini-disc?d (some several times over!) and many superb sets coming out on CD and CD-R, how can you find out exactly what?s out there? Simple: you ask!

That's what THE BOOTLEG FORUM?s all about; world-wide information.

IF YOU'RE LOOKING for a particular recording, feel free to say so. However, THE BOOTLEG FORUM isn?t a sale page, so please don?t start offering your priceless collections to the highest bidder. We can?t and won?t knowingly facilitate the sale of any items that might infringe the artist?s copyright.

Oh, and one last thing; this is an open forum. We can?t be surprised if every now and then the forces of officialdom take a quick browse.

So do be careful naming names?

Bob Dylan Webring
[ Join Now Ring Hub Random << Prev Next >> ]

THE ؠ"DYLAN: CONTRABAND" ؠBOOTLEG FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Dylan

the witmark set is making the rounds in canada easy to get here packaging nothing special some acetate noise on some of the tracks otherwise sound quality is good and its going for a fairly low price

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Well, THE MINNESOTA TAPES is definately out of print, and I believe that the WITMARK DEMOS is too-- I certainly haven't seen it offered for sale in ages. I thought I remembered it being a two disc set, but I could be confusing it with another Witmark compilation.

As your copy of CONTRABAND will guide you (!), tho, THE MINNESOTA TAPES is NOT the recommended source of the early MN dylan material. THE EARLY YEARS VOL 1 and 2 includes the same material in MUCH BETTER SOUND on just two discs, omitting only HARD TIMES IN NEW YORK (same recording that was included on the BOOTLEG SERIES) and the "Orange Rap"-- a very minor track... Unfortunately, EARLY YEARS is even tougher to find that MT in my experience!

Nonetheless, I'm a collector too, and I know the need to snatch up every last release. For out of print bootlegs, EBAY and other auction sites are your only real option. I've definately seen MINNESOTA TAPES show up a couple times in recent months, though I can't recall WITMARK DEMOS...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello...wow this is a nice site...anybody know where I can purchase the Minnosota tapes(3 silver disc wanted man label) or Witmark Demos(1 silver disc on the capricorn label)...I'm looking for these items in mint condition....thanks