Return to Website

THE "DYLAN: CONTRABAND" BOOTLEG FORUM

WANT TO TALK about Bob?s bootlegs? Wanna know which CD is the unmissable souvenir of your last gig? Got ANY boot question, and don?t know where to turn?

Then THE BOOTLEG FORUM is the place for you!

WITH MOST BD PERFORMANCES being mini-disc?d (some several times over!) and many superb sets coming out on CD and CD-R, how can you find out exactly what?s out there? Simple: you ask!

That's what THE BOOTLEG FORUM?s all about; world-wide information.

IF YOU'RE LOOKING for a particular recording, feel free to say so. However, THE BOOTLEG FORUM isn?t a sale page, so please don?t start offering your priceless collections to the highest bidder. We can?t and won?t knowingly facilitate the sale of any items that might infringe the artist?s copyright.

Oh, and one last thing; this is an open forum. We can?t be surprised if every now and then the forces of officialdom take a quick browse.

So do be careful naming names?

Bob Dylan Webring
[ Join Now Ring Hub Random << Prev Next >> ]

THE ؠ"DYLAN: CONTRABAND" ؠBOOTLEG FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Re: A Tree With Roots on Scorpio

WILD WOLF and SCORPIO are affiliated labels, though A TREE WITH ROOTS is on the WHITE BEAR label as I recall. I don't know much about them yet, but word is they have a relationship with DOBERMAN...

... who *seem* to have either a bitter rivalry or recently alliance with SCORPIO who have re-released the superb MUSICAL RETROSPECTIVE and will re-boot A TREE WITH ROOTS as GENUINE BASEMENT TAPES REMASTERS in the VERY NEAR FUTURE...

Tangled up in Bootleg Labels...

teej

"I'm Bobby Fisher!"

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I had the Tree With Roots ready to be mailed to me when I was told by the person I'm was getting that from that Scorpio is indeed releasing it as the new GBS entry. He said it'd be available in 10 days. That was a week or so ago. So I cancelled Tree and ordered that. I asked about the quality and he said it's very noticable. A worthwhile upgrade.

Don't know about the Wild Wolf version. I've noticed Wild Wolf and Scorpio releases lately have have the same faux Mobile Fidelity gold discs. Also some Deep Six releases(no Dylan). I've thought of Scorpio,Wild Wolf and Deep Six as the same booters. Scorpio being the best stuff then Wild Wolf and Deep Six for stuff of less interest. And what is the relationship between Scorpio and Doberman. Can we expect the Bob 95 Doberman collection to come out on Scorpio. Are these all the same folks?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Anyone know when Scorpio is planning to release this set? Any opionions about the improved quality? I heard that the Wild Wolf release was pulled back due to defects.