Return to Website

THE "DYLAN: CONTRABAND" BOOTLEG FORUM

WANT TO TALK about Bob?s bootlegs? Wanna know which CD is the unmissable souvenir of your last gig? Got ANY boot question, and don?t know where to turn?

Then THE BOOTLEG FORUM is the place for you!

WITH MOST BD PERFORMANCES being mini-disc?d (some several times over!) and many superb sets coming out on CD and CD-R, how can you find out exactly what?s out there? Simple: you ask!

That's what THE BOOTLEG FORUM?s all about; world-wide information.

IF YOU'RE LOOKING for a particular recording, feel free to say so. However, THE BOOTLEG FORUM isn?t a sale page, so please don?t start offering your priceless collections to the highest bidder. We can?t and won?t knowingly facilitate the sale of any items that might infringe the artist?s copyright.

Oh, and one last thing; this is an open forum. We can?t be surprised if every now and then the forces of officialdom take a quick browse.

So do be careful naming names?

Bob Dylan Webring
[ Join Now Ring Hub Random << Prev Next >> ]

THE ؠ"DYLAN: CONTRABAND" ؠBOOTLEG FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jokerman has Just Left the Stadium /plus Bowie

I'm looking to replace two precious (to me) import CDs that I've lost, the first to multiple unpolishable scratches, the second to the dreaded CD rot. I apologize that one of them is a Bowie CD, but you this may be my last hope.

1) Bob Dylan, "The Jokerman has Just Left the Stadium" (Unknown Label) This is from the same European tour (1984)that was recorded on the CBS record "Real Live." Has Mick Taylor on lead guitar, with appearances by Joan Baez and Carlos Santana.

2) David Bowie, "Suffragette City" (Great Dane Records) This CD recorded Nassau Colisseum, Long Island, NY., 1976 (originally a radio broadcast).

NB I have numerous Dylan and Stones imports on the Great Dane Records label, which is notorious for CD rot. Any horror stories I should know about any particular releases? How come no other label remasters these titles, about to be lost...like tears in rain?

Re: Jokerman has Just Left the Stadium /plus Bowie

I have some info on the Bowie CD. It looks like you mean the show at the Nassau Coliseum in New York on February 12, 1976.

Setlist: 1 Station to station, 2 Suffragette City, 3 Fame, 4 Stay, 5 Panic in Detroit, 6 Changes, 7 TVC15, 8 Diamond Dogs, 9 Rebel Rebel, 10 The Gean Genie. (total 66'04")

This show is released in Germany on the imtrat label under the name Live USA (in the Live & Alive series)

see my site or mail me for more info

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm looking to replace two precious (to me) import CDs that I've lost, the first to multiple unpolishable scratches, the second to the dreaded CD rot. I apologize that one of them is a Bowie CD, but you this may be my last hope.

1) Bob Dylan, "The Jokerman has Just Left the Stadium" (Unknown Label) This is from the same European tour (1984)that was recorded on the CBS record "Real Live." Has Mick Taylor on lead guitar, with appearances by Joan Baez and Carlos Santana.

2) David Bowie, "Suffragette City" (Great Dane Records) This CD recorded Nassau Colisseum, Long Island, NY., 1976 (originally a radio broadcast).

NB I have numerous Dylan and Stones imports on the Great Dane Records label, which is notorious for CD rot. Any horror stories I should know about any particular releases? How come no other label remasters these titles, about to be lost...like tears in rain?