Nothing but Family Message Forum

What's new with you?  Keep the family updated with your everyday lives....good or bad...that's what we're here for...right?

Nothing but Family Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Family Reunion Ideas

Yes let's do it! We definately need to plan early. What about camping again somewhere?

Re: Family Reunion Ideas

I like the idea. We don't get together enough anymore. I like the camping idea. That way we have a little more time together. Mountains??? Beach???

I say the beach! But which ever will be convenient for everybody. Shoot I'll take a couple of days early just to set up camp! Don't even be getting me all excited! LOL!!!!

I think I mentioned Pismo Beach sand dunes before. I don't know how far that is for everyone but it's first come first serve until it fills up and you can block off as much beach space as you want to. Families built little race tracks inside their space for their tiny tots. I think it was a good price too. The sand dunes are vast, so although it was very busy, it seemed like enough space for everyone. Motors run 24 hours (just about). Have to think about the toy issue too. Dean has two quads. And if the younger kids go, do they get to ride? Just brainstorming.

Pismo Beach sounds great! I'll check out their website for more info. Do we want to plan a time when it's a little cooler? What about sleeping arrangements? Campsites, hook ups, tents?

We stayed on the beach with no hookups. We had a trailer and a tent for the kids. I'll try and get the info soon. :0

Janiece,
Now you mentioned motors running....are you referring to "generators" ?

some people had generators but we camped at the sand dunes so there were quads and "sand" riding toys of every kind. it's very noisy! there had to be other parts of the beach area with camping if we want a tamer situation

Well, Im sure we wanna be where all the action is....right? I don't know how Im gonna do with all the sand thing...but Im a trooper! While we were in Maui, we rented the Rhino quads and had a blast!... We were covered with dust and the dust was in area's I couldn't believe!...even wearing the fatigue wear, helmet, googles and scarves. But totally worth it!