SWAN BOAT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD

Please post any announcements, events or comments here. ALL boaters welcome!

SWAN BOAT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AUXILIARY

AS many of you know, our Auxiliary has not been as active in the last few years as it was in the past due to the retirement and moving of many of the members. Recently I've been approached by some of the newer club members and some who were active in the past about Auxiliary involvement. In just casual conversations with people, I believe we can re-vitalize the Auxiliary and get more of the spouses/significant others active in club functions.
As a Club, Swan was better with our active Auxiliary than we are without it. They are missed.

We are having an organizational meeting on Sunday, February 10 at 1:30pm in the Dining Room to get a feel for the level of interest and plans for the near future. Please urge your significant others to attend. They won't be volunteering for anything, it's just an opportunity for them to see if it is something they may be interested in.

Also bear in mind that this is the Auxiliary, not Ladies Auxiliary. We have a number of couples where the Lady is the member. Gentlemen are encouraged to participate, in fact Past President Lance Lada plans to attend to give some insight to those who may not be familiar with the Auxiliary's work. I look forward to seeing many of you on Sunday.

Re: AUXILIARY

Gary, I am sorry I will be unable to attend the meeting on Sunday, but wanted to let you know I am in full support of your efforts to re-instate the Axillary and am willing to help out in any way I can. Thank you for re addressing the issue. I agree the Auxillary is a wonderful way to engage the significant others of the members and encourages involvement in our wonderful Club.

Thanks for the support Diane. I was hoping I could count on your help.

There was an oversight in my original posting. I was not only inviting new members but I am inviting and depending on existing members and officers of the Auxiliary to attend if possible.