SWAN BOAT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD

Please post any announcements, events or comments here. ALL boaters welcome!

SWAN BOAT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
To All Members - UPDATE

To Swan Members,

First Lady Brenda, myself, the 2020 Board and Bridge, Dock Master and long with the Ball committee.
Wanted to make sure all of you and your families are staying safe and are all healthy. Our prays go out to those
that have been affected by COVID-19. A lot has gone on this year and just wanted to get this out to “ALL OF YOU”

1) Docks are open but understand power and water are subject to being shut off with Hight Water already hitting us this year. Remember to check your lines.

2) The Commodores Ball was supposed to be June 27 at the club this year and had to be “CANCELED” at this time.

3) The regatta was set for the weekend of July 4th also had to be “CANCELED”

4) Steak Roasts are on “HOLD” until we know want, we can and can’t do.

The Board and Bridge will be having a meeting June 2, 2020 at 19:00 moving to look ahead with how the rest of the year’s events may go and hope to have some guideline establish for opening the Club provided by the Governor of Michigan.

We don’t have an answer for when the Club will open but we will let everyone know as soon as we do and hearing that the stay at home order may be extended we will just have to wait and see. However, some good news the Vice and Rear Commodores are taken advantage of this time to get some needed projects done, along with the Dock Master, I’m sure they would love any help & support you can provide. Please just get hold of them. Again, it’s a great way to get work hours!

Decisions had to be made I know not everyone agrees with them, but it is the right thing for us to do.

Sincerely
Peter D. Watkin
Commodore 2020

Re: To All Members - UPDATE

Are the bathrooms and showers open? Seems were are in the middle of nowhere as far as what we really are to the fun governor other than having a liquor license. Can I cook a steak on the grill of my own? Has the ILYA or AYC have any input or contact with Lansing on when and what we can do as of right now. Thanks

Can't say if bathrooms are open or not, but members may use the grill at any time. However please make sure you turn off the gas and clean up after each use.

Yes outside bathrooms and showers are open.

Fantastic THANK YOU