SWAN BOAT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD

Please post any announcements, events or comments here. ALL boaters welcome!

SWAN BOAT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NOTIFICATION TO SWAN MEMBERS REGARDING AN IMPORTANT MOTION ON CLUB EXPENDITURE

NOVEMBER 11, 2023

POSTED NOTICE FOR ALL SWAN MEMBERS
On November 9, 2023 during the General Membership Meeting, a motion was made from the floor for the repair and modification of the dining room floor that exceeds $25,000.00. After discussion, a vote was taken by show of hands and passed.

To be compliant with the below referenced Bylaw, the exact motion that was made is stated as follows:
The motion made from the floor by Dan Navarre “to spend the $40,000.00 estimated to lower the dining room floor to the regular level with the rest of the bar” 2nd by William LaPlante.

Bylaw Article 5, Section 10 states:
“Should a motion come on the floor and the members in attendance pass this motion for any expenditure, improvement, alteration, addition to or around the club properties that exceeds $25,000.00 in total, the motion will be tabled and the entire card carrying membership as well as life members will be notified through the club’s monthly publication as to the exact motion and it will be posted within the club for all to see for at least one calendar month. During the meeting following this notification, the motion will be read to the membership, discussed and voted on by a show of hands by the members in attendance. A minimum of 20% of the membership must be in attendance to validate or dismiss the passage of the motion.”

The following General Membership Meeting date to vote on this motion is Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 7pm. PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND.

Re: NOTIFICATION TO SWAN MEMBERS REGARDING AN IMPORTANT MOTION ON CLUB EXPENDITURE

Sounds like a great idea to put on the wish list. As a Past Commodore I do have some insight into our clubs operations and finance. I believe money is better spent elsewhere!! Remember we are a BOAT Club first and our marina is the heart of the club. Our Docks need a lot of help with electric upgrades, water upgrade, new pedestals safety equipment,The our outside bathrooms and showers are terrible (actually an embarrassment for visitors). These are just suggestions, this is up to the membership to make these decisions. I'm retired now living in Florida however my family and myself have given our heart, time, sweat and even money to make this a great club. We are proud Swan Members. Keep Swan Great!!