Return to Website

Explicit Speed Performance

Explicit Speed Performance
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Axels and other Info.

Hello,
I have a h22a4 long block and an interested in droping it into a CRX.
1. What axels do you use?
2. Were you able to keep the A/C?
3. Is that a costom made Short Ram intake or one from another make or modle?
4. Did the stock CRX hood fit with your mounts?
5. Did you relocate the betery to the back?
6. Does the placement of the motor require you to make a dent in the firewall to accomodate the stock intake manafold?
7. Is the fuel system left stock?
8. For all those Autox'rs what is the new weight distribution with/with out driver?
8. What tranny (part N# please) did you use with the motor?
Thanks in advance for the info.
John.

Re: Axels and other Info.

Hello,
I have a h22a4 long block and an interested in droping it into a CRX.
88-89 Acura Integra off shelf driver side axle
90-93 Honda Accord Ex or Lx midshaft
88-89 Acura Integra passenger side axle that is cut down 1/2" on the shaft and has an Accord inner joint put on it. Raxles.com sells this custom axle. Ask for Marty. Price is about $200 shipped.
2. Were you able to keep the A/C? You could possibly keep the AC but not the PS. AC and Alternator are ran off the same belt. But you would need to use the stock AC and Alt. brackets.
3. Is that a costom made Short Ram intake or one from another make or model? 94+ Integra short ram intake
Yes clears the stock usdm hood about 1/2" also no firewall hitting involved.
5. Did you relocate the betery to the back? Yes we did. Do you need to ? No it will work in the front.
6. Does the placement of the motor require you to make a dent in the firewall to accomodate the stock intake manafold? No
7. Is the fuel system left stock? Yes you can use the stock fuel pump. You will need to use a usdm h22 fuel rail or make your custom fuel line to reach the driver side.
8. For all those Autox'rs what is the new weight distribution with/with out driver? 2020 lbs without me and 2200 with me in it. Weight isn't an issue.
8. What tranny (part N# please) did you use with the motor? All H series trans start out with the ID M example M2B4, M2S4, M2F4.

Good questions :)

a. 88-89 Acura Integra off shelf axle...driver side, 90-93 Honda Accord midshaft Ex or Lx model have it, 88-89 Acura Integra axle that has been cut down 1/2" on the shaft and has an Accord inner joint on it. Raxles.com sells this axle ask for Marty... thats the passenger side axle
2. 2. Were you able to keep the A/C?
a. Gotta ask John, i'm sure it could be done w/ some bracket fabing.
3. Is that a costom made Short Ram intake or one from another make or modle?
a. idk
a. I cant answer for John, but it looks like it does.
5. Did you relocate the betery to the back?
a. Same, cant answer for him, but noticing how the wire goes from the main fuse box into his rex leads me to think that its in his trunk. another "good" place for it is in the right front of the fender where the stock defuser would be for ur intake. i have seen it done & looks really nice.
6. Does the placement of the motor require you to make a dent in the firewall to accomodate the stock intake manafold?
a. Nope "There is still 3/8" plus to the firewall. Never has gotten close to touching it with our motor mounts. No denting, cutting, or banging in the firewall at all!"
7. Is the fuel system left stock?
a. idk... good question
8. For all those Autox'rs what is the new weight distribution with/with out driver?
a. idk... another good question, but the H is 30-45 lbs heavier than a b16. keep that in mind.
9. What tranny (part N# please) did you use with the motor?
a. http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catdisplay.jsp?inputstate=4&catcgry1=Prelude&catcgry2=1995&catcgry3=2DR+SIVTEC&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=

i hope that helps

Tanks for the info.
I am sourcing the tranny right now.
I will get back to you about your mounts.

Where on Raxles do I look?
How much?
How much torq can they take?

u have to call up... i have no clue how much they can take... they are replacement axles, not race axles so i am going to guess they are as good as stock... i asked him about any type of waranty & Marty said "I can guarenty you that they will fit, but i dont know what you will be doing with them" but they are 169.99 w/o shipping

Works for me!