Return to Website

Explicit Speed Performance

Explicit Speed Performance
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I bought a nightmare H22a1 95 Accord from private seller.

Hi, John. I actually wanted to talk to you on the phone, but I feel that this may be the best place to communicate. I hope your experience can give me some hope.

Here are some info on my nightmare H22a1 95 Accord. I bought this car 1.5 yrs ago, out of love for Honda and the Accord. This car was a project that the previous owner gave up on, which I took on. I spent well over $8,000 fixing it. Heres the list- 1. fuel pump noise/failing, 2. bad ICM, 3. water damaged ECU, 4. did his own timing belt using H23 water pump causing the timing belt to shred and whine like a supercharger, 5. found some stripped thread on motor, 6. valve clearance all wacked, 7. TPS adjusted out of spec. 8. found out that the flywheel and pressure plate was machined flat. 9. he did a ****ty job converting the car from Automatic to 5 Speed Manual. The list goes on and on. All the problems above I fixed. I knew nothing about H22 until I worked on this car.

John, I have 3 issues I don't know how to deal with.

First, my motor is sitting tilted toward the passenger side. here is what I do know about the 5 Speed conversion on this car:
1. The car is using filled front AT mount,
2. transmission mount is an Accord M/T trans mount mounted to the A/T bracket on the body with a hole drilled through the top inner dimple of the bracket.
3. drivers side mount is using the Hasport CD5 mount
4. rear bracket origin is unknown
5. rear mount is a filled A/T motor mount.

My second problem is the vibration on acceleration, its especially shaky when I'm going uphill. I changed the driveshaft assembly with new Cardone Select on both side already which only minimized it but not correct the problem.

Third, right outer CV is making clicking sounds again even though the driveshaft assembly is new.

John, do you see any connection to these problems?
(I will follow-up after your reply)
Thanks, Arthur Y.

Re: I bought a nightmare H22a1 95 Accord from private seller.

Hello, thanks for the post, sorry to hear about the issues. Yes, correct we have a solution it's our ESP CD 97-97 Accord Auto to 5 spd Motor Mount Kit for $275 shipped US with US postal money order or $284 shipped US with Paypal, choice of Red or Black insert colors also for lil extra can powder coat them in any color, such as near chrome and black inserts to match your driver side mount. If wanting just 2 mounts rear and transmission $190 shipped US. Our Mount Kit comes with 3 driver, rear and trans. Our Auto to 5 spd Kit does all the homework for you it will put the tilt back like a normal 5 spd and your axle clearance issue will be like OEM 5 spd. Your PS and AC pulleys will be off the driver side frame rail and sitting like it should be. Please Email if interested in purchasing. ExplicitSpeed360@aol.com

Thanks-John

www.ExplicitSpeedPerformance.net

We also carry the CD 94-97 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit, Front Torque Mount Kit replaces the Front OEM Mount and Bracket that bolts to the engine. The Front Torque Mount Kit is also adjustable so you can adjust how much tension you want on the Front Mount. Our Traction Bar System will prevent wheel hop and torque steer and the Front Torque Mount Kit will eliminate unwanted engine movement forcing more power to the ground. If interested in both the mount kit and Traction Bar System we can do a bit of a discount email me. -John

Its good to hear that there is still hope. I am very excited about the mounts. Unfortunately, I am in the process of moving into a new place so I won't have any funds ready until early November. So you will definitely hear from me by November.

Thanks a lot,
Arthur Y.

Actually John, I do have 3 more questions.

1. for your ESP Auto to 5 Speed transmission mount, does it mount to the original A/T hole on the bracket or do I have to make a hole?

2. John, will I have clearance issue if I continue to reuse the Hasport drivers side mount?

3. I'm really not sure what rear bracket is on the car right now. If I were to purchase one, which bracket should I get?

Hello, sounds good just Email or IM or Call us when ready.

Yes the Auto to 5 spd Transmissin Mount bolts up using the stock Auto through bolt hole. With the stock Auto passenger side factory ears coming off the frame rail for the tranny mount.

Nope you have use the H squirt driver side motor mount with our other 2 mounts.

We have 2 CD Accord Rear Mounts that can be used depending on the Model, Ex/Dx/Lx 2/4 door Auto from factoy and 5 spd.

I would go with any 92-96 Prelude Rear T bracket Auto or 5 spd Rear T Bracket F or H motor there all the same Rear T Brackets, then use our shorter CD Rear Mount Option.

* Nope you CAN use the H squirt driver side motor mount with our other 2 mounts.*