Explicit Speed Performance

Forum: Explicit Speed Performance
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
JDM H23a Vtec blue top swap

Hi guys,

Im Joan 23 years old and im from the netherlands(srry for my bad language).

I'm not owning a honda but im owning a rover 620i wich is actually a 94 accord with a F20z2 engine in it.
but now im planning to do a JDM H23a Vtec Blue Top swap with custom turbo.
trying to reach 300/320 hp and about the same amount off torque. because it will be my dailly driver :P

but now ive got some questions because im new in this area:P
im searching for some NEW valve stem seals(cant find them any where). i know u can use H22a parts on a H23a. and searching for a thicker multi-layer head gasket(also dont know were to get).

and what can i parts can i change to get some nice torque?

Kind regards,

Joan

Email  
Re: JDM H23a Vtec blue top swap

H23A Vtec Blue Top all head parts are H22A4 98-01 Prelude. You can get valve stems, seats, keepers etc from ferrea . I would use SuperTech valve springs and retainers. With the power your going for would probably do ferrea 6k series ss valves std size and 3 angle valve job. Bottom end to be safe will need forged H23A1 rods 9-1 forged H22 pistons which will stick piston out of hole 20k. Not a big deal compensate with a 60K Cometic MLS Head Gasket. Give Cometic a call. Aftermarket sleeves will be a must with the forged piston. Darton, Golden Eagle are some good names.

Thanks-John

Email with any other questions. ExplicitSpeed360@aol.com

Email   ExplicitSpeed360   Website

Best,

me again here with a question about powering up the JDM H23a DOHC Vtec blue top.
i took a look at the parts you gave me in your reply. and thats pretty expensive to build up the engine :P
what can i do to have the same amount off power with a stock engine. because ive read on the internet that it can be done if it gets a good tune a good setup and if youre not running full power day in day out.

it would be nice to run like low psi as daily driver, but on track days it would be nice to get some nice power till the redline.

Btw this turbo thingy is new for me so im searching and trying to read a lot.

Kind regards,

Joan de graaf

Email  

You can run low boost such as 8-10 psi on a great tune with a great tuner. Only way to make it super reliable and take the abuse is to fully build it. As the old saying goes got to pay to play.

However don't expect it to last for long. Weakest point will be the ringlands once they go you will lose compression. Keep constant check on compression. 300-350 whp is possible at that boost. Good turbo would be a 6262 Precision .96 a/r t3. That is good up to 600 hp. Turbo is only way to fly to get 300 whp without a rebuild. -John

Email   ExplicitSpeed360  

Thanks for the reply. and what if i resleeve it and do only forged pistons and darton sleeves. because ive seen that some sleeves and forged pistons arendt that expensive then doing a whole rebuild. or doesnt that work.

Kind regards,

Joan de graaf

Email  

Would need good rods as well... You can leave the head stock however would invest in supertech valve springs and retainers this will keep everything nsnyc upon boosting pressures.

Thanks-John

Email   ExplicitSpeed360  

Hi john,

I've decided to do a resleeve on my H23a blue top as you said. but leave the head stock(only some new valve seals, springs and retainers).

you said that all head parts from a H22a4 will fit. but what about the bottom parts. like oil pump, water pump, head studs are these will fit from a H22a4 aswell.

also i was planning to buy a compleet gasket set. but whitch one i need. getting a bit confused atm. from all the reading.

this would be the parts list i will go for.

all bottom parts voor the resleeve.
waterpump
oilpump
valve seals(H22a4)
valve springs and retainers(H22a4)
head studs
Gasket set

thinking of removing the balanceshafts aswell(do or dont).
i know kaizen makes a kit for the H223a.

if you can put me in the right direction it would be nice. also if you have some more advice with parts i not mention let me hear.

kind regards,

Joan de graaf

Email