Cristalmar Portuguese Water Dog Community Forum

Welcome to the Cristalmar PWD Forum. Feel free to post your message here to The Cristalmar Family Members and other visitors. Thanks.

Cristalmar Portuguese Water Dog Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holiday Greetings

I feel very special to be amongst such an illustrous crowd. Toby, Ava and I just returned from Pittsburgh where we enjoyed a white Christmas. Toby and Ava enjoyed their first ham bone which they took turns chewing on. I have never met two dogs who share food and toys as graciously as these two do. Even though Toby is the "alpha", he always seems to give Ava anything he wants and then goes back later to enjoy himself when Ava is done. How cute is that. We went on our first "off leash" adventure in a "dogs only" park I recently found out about. I cannot get over how fast Toby and Ava can run. Toby wants to stick close by to me but Ava is a wild one. He pays no attention to my calling him. Luckily, once I get Toby back on the leash, Ava will come back to see what Toby is doing and I can then get him back on his leash. I am going to take Ava to obedience class which starts in a few weeks so that I can teach him to come to me when I call him. I want to take them hiking off leash in the woods but until I feel I can get Ava to listen I have some anxiety about taking Toby and Ava to more places where I can let them run free. I know they both really enjoy the freedom but I don't want to take the chance either one of them could get too far away and hurt themselves. Ze, I can tell Toby and Ava feel happy in their new home because now when they go outside they both have their tails high in the air at all times. I can hardly keep them inside regardless of the temperature. They want to be outside all day long. Best wishes to the entire Cristalmar family for a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year. Much love, Debbie, Toby and Ava

Re: Holiday Greetings

Dear Debbie,Thanks for your posting updating me about Ava and Toby. Love to know how the kids are doing.Obedience classes are always welcome but if you use your body language and voice intonation may also help you to make Ava be more obedient. Have a wonderful 2004!