VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: THANKSGIVING

no telling when i'm liable to drop in,i'm kinda like
a bad cold. haven't been past the redneck rivera in several years and don't get there much. last time i was there me and charlie(my son) went deep sea fishing with capn anderson and tried to find little paul but cound't figger out where he lived.we'll
have to meet up down there and wet a line,tell a few lies and enjoy the company. tiptop

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: THANKSGIVING

Clark, what Little Paul were you looking for? Your Uncle Paul lives in Meridian Miss. and Little Paul lives here in Pennington. Count me in on the trip to the house boat. I can still tell a few lies as long as they're short. Unc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: THANKSGIVING

unc es i always called paul guin little paul,he is supposed to live in panama city but i couldn't find
him when we down there.haven't seen or heard from unc paul in quite some time,hope he's doing ok. used to see him on here sometimes,i only get on here when i'm
at the fire station my puter ain't fast as this un.
ready to meet up about any time to swap lies and such.
heard from aunt eloise? haven't seen her since i showed up at your house several years ago.case i have to leave quick and don't get back for a while-
happy thanksgiving to yall

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: THANKSGIVING

Lathan, When I was in the hospital taking chemo, the lady checking me in saw my name and asked where's the food? We didn't get Emeril live on our cable so I didn't know what she was talking about. She even called her mother and said, "Guess who I have across the desk from me? Emeril!! Her mother said don't let him get away, I'll be right over. I get about as many comments from my name as I do about my Auburn Cap since I live in Tide country. I rub their nose in it by saying : you seen the rateings lately? Unc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: THANKSGIVING

Chipper is Emrell, III and he got a set of Emrill's cook ware for Christmas this past year. He does all the cooking at his house. The cook ware is real nice. Wish I had a set. When E.S. first started going to Jeff Anderson Hospital when he had to have cemo, etc. The women in the admission department ask him what he had brought them to eat. We had never heard of the cook or seen any of his shows. One lady even called her mother and told her she had Emrill in her office, so don't bust Hud's bubble. You never can tell where it might lead to.
Zona

P.S. Well shucks, I didn't know E.S. had already spilt the beans. Guess that will teach me to read all the messages before replying to any. Zona

Re: Re: Re: THANKSGIVING

Ears, Buddy Pate stands 6'6" and weighs at least 250, no fat, Much of a man. Course, when he lived on Maryland street just off Twin, he was the runt of the crowd, well, after you counted me, he was. He has been our friend from childhood on up, and married another of our friends from childhood on up, Gloria, I think her maiden name was Parker. She lived on East street in the first house. Buddy is not only my friend, he's also my bodyguard, so watch it. MVB ES

You're right Cubby. It was Billy Pate. He is retired from Floyd & Beasley and living aroung Atlanta. He didn't have a drivers license in college but later went to work driving for Floyd & Beasley in Atlanta.

Re: THANKSGIVING

Here are Buddy and Gloria a couple of years ago when they were making pear preserves. I made 'em feel sorry for me, so that sent me a jar. STILL remember how good those were! Thanks again, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

ES, you could just about get arrested for posting that picture of buddy. He better not let that AFLAC duck come around or he'll be in big trouble.

Horace

Re: Re: THANKSGIVING

LOL That was me, Horace --- but I don't think Buddy would be bothered by that duck. He's got that knife pretty sharp!

Jimmy

I'd pit Buddy against a Mac truck and he'd win. MVB ES

You know when I first saw these pictures I wondered why Gloria had that big smile on her face. It took me a while to figure that out.

Horace