General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: File Sharing

If it says free, I'll take it. If they don't want to give it to me, I'll take my business somewhere else.
Case in point; My late Bro in law bought a franchise on a special kind of grass, I told him people would share instead of buying from him after the first buy. He said "Oh no, I make them sign a contract not to do it. After the first sale, everybody had miracle grass and my poor Bro in law was stuck with his grass. Do I think coping music or movies stealing? If I did it for profit, Yes, But for my own use? No. A good rule of thumb is, don't write a check that your concious can't cash. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: File Sharing

Don't really want to be disagreeable, E.S., but let's carry that a bit further:

If I roar off in your new Corvette, that ain't stealing, right? After all, it's "for my own use," right? I ain't ABOUT to sell it or anything! LOL

Hmmmm! Lathorm, I've decided I'm comin' down there to Port Saint Titusville and make off with your houseboat --- for my own use, of course! Would you make sure the larder is fully stocked? Thankee!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: File Sharing

I beg to disagree Jimmy, in the first place I don't nor never will own a corvette and if I did, you'd get about ten yards with it before I blowed your ass off with my trusty 30-06. Nobody, I mean noboby touches my wheels. Now, on the other hand if I parked it on the road and had a sign saying, Completely free corvette, all bets would be off. SHAREZA shares music with anyone who wishes to share with. I have nearly all Glen Millers songs on my puter, for my own use,understand? I will share with you for a small fee, not for the music, but to join my "Screw your friends" Club. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: File Sharing

You want Honesty? Even the Churches are guilty of screwing the poor songwriter (if you want to call it that).
Case-in-point. When I first moved to Nashville I had met Kris Kristofferson and his song "WHY ME LORD?" Had been a recent big, big hit for him. I told him that I bet he had made a bunch of money on the SHEET MUSIC Which was selling at the time for $1.98 Per Copy. I told him also that I bet the Churches bought millions of copies because the song was sung in some churches the way we sing THE OLD RUGGED CROSS.
His answer was, "NO! The churches usually buy one copy and Zerox the rest for the congregation." Now, it may be unintentional, but still it's the same thing as we do on our computers by downloading for free.
I think it's even worse in Kris's case...