General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Remember this?

Well, I finally pulled it up from the catacombs of my subliminal brain.

Big Hugh Baby's theme song was "Topsy part II" by Cozy Cole.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Remember this?

I'm planning on being at Lloyd's. Sure I remember all those tunes. I've had to play country music all my life, but I'm really jazz and blues at heart. There's still a lot I want to do musically and if I get it done, I might better hurry. I could run out of time. Looking forward to seeing all of you at Lloyd's.

Re: Remember this?

Cubby, I'd love to have a copy of those WYDE and WSGN jingles. I'll pay you for your trouble if you can make a dub for me. Whatever you think it would be worth to you. I am a collector of radio memorabilia, books, antique radios, microphones anything to do with radio NOT TV.

Horace

Re: Re: Remember this?

Horace, tried to send you an email but it did not go through. Send me your mailing address and I will send you a copy of the WYDE and WGSN jingles.
My email address is: dculbers@uabmc.edu

Re: Remember this?

By the way Jimmy that Jack's jingle is fantastic.

Horace

Pete. I'm ES, Paul and Trish's Nephew. I wrote some songs and lived in Nashville. Some were Country and some weren't. I'd like to hear some of your music. I play three chords on a guitar but am not very good. I know some music theory, but my finger dexterity isn't great and I have trouble with bar chords because my left hand has had a bunch of broken finger bones. I still like my music though...Would also like to hear about your musical background...Lathan

I agree. I got the original link to "Birmingham Rewound" from Cubby, I think, and after hearing the jingle, I emailed the guy who created the site. He's a really nice guy, easy to talk with, and he's a FREAK about Birmingham "stuff," including radio. Check it out. Just Google "Birmingham Rewound." I was disappointed when he told me the only copy of the original jingle --- with the words "for fifteen cents" --- was almost unintelligible. My kids did love the commercial AND the hamburgers, though, and hearing it NOW just makes me smile!

Jimmy

Re: Re: Re: Remember this?

Just checked it out Jimmy, and sent hollis the Joe Rumore postcards I had. Hope I hear from him. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: Remember this?

You will. Neat guy!