The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Checking in again

Checking in for today. Jimmy, I'd of walked you home if'in you was a girl.
Speaking of bears, a mother and baby black bear was spotted on our then hunting land. Pictures were taken of the tracks but not of the bears. No telling what will come out of these swamps on the Tombigbee river.
Pete, we used to listen to Ernie's record mart saturday nites while drinking and courting late at nite. We'd say ole Ernie said we could stay out all nite, and sometimes we did. Back then we'd go out in the woods, build up a roaring fire and sit around drinking and telling lies til we all got sloppy drunk. We didn't get into trouble like kids do today.
Jimmy, I was on the Wallace band wagon back then. I'd say every election that I wasn't gonna vote for him but always did.
The predgist against your wife was ignorance on the locals part. My wife wore short shorts too, She didn't smoke or drink but I wouldn't have cared cause I did myself. Winnie was a beautiful woman which probably didn't set too well with them either. By today's standards, she would have been hardly noticed. Sure wished y'all could have made it in Alabama tho.
NOW I GET IT!!!! possum in the drive way. still not funny. If it had been a dead cat to show he was a woosey, that would have been funny. I don't remember a year that the bridge wasn't burned when I was growing up. It was as american as Mother and apple pie. Hope y'all are having a great day!! MVB ES

Re: Checking in again

I still don't get it. Nice thing is, I still don't care!

Har! Har! Har!

Re: Checking in again

NOW I GET IT!!!! possum in the drive way. still not funny. If it had been a dead cat to show he was a woosey, that would have been funny.

ES,
It was just something I said a long, long time ago on the forum and Cubby thought it was funny enough to bring up.
It (the Bridge and the Dead Possum) was a joke I made up with an antithetical climax.
That's what friends will do when they really care enough about their friends to remember something they thought was funny and bring it up - and Cubby has always been my friend - especially when he rescued me on a desolate hiway 231 late one night in the middle of nowhere (even though I had to change a tire on his car with my left arm in a cast).
However, some don't, and some will never, get IT. Kinda Sad...

Re: Re: Checking in again

Still wudnt funny

Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

When I tell the Joke with a Hebrew Accent, it's funnier than Schitska.
When Mark Anthony told it many years ago, Cleopatra laughed her Asp off..Neph

Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

Neph, What does schitska? new one on me. Speaking of bears, Handsome Ed said he saw some bare a--s in Childersburg but they had sacks over their heads. I don't think that kind of bear are the ones we're talking about. Course he sees things other people don't. Unc

Lord, forgive me that I am not perfect and make me more appreciative of those who are.

Amen

Lathan, would you explain what kind of climax that is you were talking about in your post...that one got by me somehow...

Ahh-h-h, Favorite Son, Cubby - Climax was a Rock Group in the Sixties that recorded the song "PRECIOUS AND FEW"

Honorable Uncle ES - SCHITSKA was a word that Humble Nephew Made Up to fool Computer since it will kick the word **** off the screen.
Example: People who are constantly trying to put Honorable Nephew Down by trying to make you feel sorry for them are FULL OF SCHITSKA...

Thanks, Lathan. Whew, thought I had missed one...

I always thought SCHITSKA was a Russian slang term.

Russian Example: Tough Schitska...

Southern Russian Example: Tough Schitska, Y'all...

Didn't Climax also do 'Precious and Few?' Wait a minute, I'm finding a connection here with that sentence...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

In the wise words of Confucious, The Ancient One , "Ah-h-h-h..."

Just to help out here, Cubby, since Aristupid ain't gonna even attempt to explain it, an "antithetical climax" would be kinda like Ed "gettin' it on" with Maybelle.

HAR! HAR! HAR!

What, me and Maybelle. That never happened. Understand Cubby might have liked her. Didn't he buy lots of peanuts at the ballgames. Me, I was a popcorn guy myself, not peanuts...Handsome Ed

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

Cubby,
Isn't it good to know that you have someone to point out how ignorant you are by defining words and phrases for you?
Oh, I forgot, you and I went to B.B. Comer... Mrs. Dean, "Where were you when Me and Cubby needed you most?"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

True. By the way, who told ya'll 'bout me and Maybelle...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

Cubby, I actually knew you'd understand, but I thought I'd help other, less knowledgeable "people" who just parrot "words, words, words" without much comprehension know what "they" actually SAID.

BTW, I went to B.B. Comer, too, but I was fortunate enough to have Mrs. Hare as my English teacher. Mrs. Pierce/Dean taught eighth-grade civics or something like that back then --- although when it came right down to it, she taught everything she knew about every COUSIN she ever had...which must have been about a THOUSAND! Nice lady, though.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in again

I had Mrs. Hare when I was in the 8th grade...uh, maybe I should re-word that. Hmmmm, let's see, uh, I was a student of Mrs. Hare in the 8th grade. And I'm forever grateful to her for teaching me that a preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with. I'll never forget it.

She had us do a writing project once on the contributions of Europeans to the United States. I wrote an article on Joseph Schlitz (at the time I was buying beer from that black guy in Alpine). The class got a good laugh about it, but I made an A on the paper...