General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Checking in 1/26/06

My wife's got it for about the 3rd time since Christmas. So far I've been spared.

Horace

Re: Re: Checking in 1/26/06

Horace, We've had the mess for about 4 months. I've taken so much cough medicine I'm beginning to crave it. Maybe we just have to wear it out like the 7 year itch. MVB ES

Re: Checking in 1/26/06

If you're taking NyQuill I understand the craving...I use it as often as I can....kinda like Hanes, it makes you feel goooooood all under.

Last week my 7 year(she will be in 10 days, she says)was here with us during several days when she had a terrible cough and really couldn't go to school. They like the SPECIAL cough medicines that I make up for them, usually rum, sugar, and lemon juice. The other day I didn't have any rum when she asked for a does of SPECIAL cough medicine so I used a little white wine...she took it and just let it kinda disolve in her mouth then swallowed. She then looked up at me with a smile and said, "There, that settled me down". I thought I'd bust a gut. Out of the mouths of babes.
Horace

Re: Re: Checking in 1/26/06

Best cough medicine I have found was referred to me by a favorite cousin several years ago...Try Apricot Brandy..A bit warm, but a sip or two really does the trick...

Re: Re: Re: Checking in 1/26/06

Best I ever had was called "G.I. Gin" back when I was in the Air Force. One swig of that stuff and you just FORGOT to cough! Phamacologically, it was terpinhydrate and codeine. They won't even sell you the stuff nowadays....well, MAYBE if a doctor prescribed it...I dunno. If I ever have a cough again, I'm gonna raise a bunch of hell to see if I can get it. Haven't had a SIGN of a cough, though, since I quit smoking sixteen months ago.

NOW, if I could JUST lose some LARD!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in 1/26/06

Some of my buddies used to go on sick call to get GI gin. They said it was a cheap drunk.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checking in 1/26/06

Went on sick call twice in three years, nine months, twenty-eight days and thirteen hours --- once for a cough, and once with the ****ed flu. For the cough, they handed me a jug of GI Gin and I was CURED!

For the flu, a medic didn't even check my temp, just snarled at me and stuck a box of APCs in my hand. I started out the door cussing and fuming and happened to make it loud enough for a dang bird colonel of a doctor to hear it in his office. He yelled at me to get my butt in his office, asked me what I was cussing about, I told him I'd been in the ****ed service for over three years and had gone on sick call ONCE, and now I REALLY was sick, and I'd got a ****ed box of APCs. Long story short --- instead of chewing MY butt out, he made me sit down, checked my blood pressure and everything else, gave me some TERRAMYCIN, and told me to come back to see HIM if I wasn't feeling better in a couple of days. As I left, I heard him chewing the entire A** off of that medic. Shoot, that alone made me feel good...and the Terramycin had me WELL in three days.

Sorry, long, but true, TRUE story!