The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Lost in the fiftys

Neph, Who was the original singer of in the still of the night? Unc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lost in the fiftys

I think it was a group called either the Satins or the Five Satins...I was into that kind of music. Platters and Coasters were my favorites although Martha and the Vandellas should have been. Martha nominated me for the Alabama Music Hall of Fame (she was a member - now I am - I know it's bragging some, but I'm actually honored).

I met Martha through Garth Brooks co-manager manager, Pam Lewis. Martha Reeves, Angela Kaset and I wrote a song called SITTING SO CLOSE that Smokey Robinson recorded on her on Rhino Records. Just to have a Martha and the Vandellas song recorded was a kick...Neph

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lost in the fiftys

Lathan, I think your generous uncle is right about your being richer than ten feet up past a bull's appendix --- would you adopt me and put me in your will...or I'd just settle for a good, used Beamer with gold wheels?

Huh? Huh?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lost in the fiftys

Jimmy,
I'm rich in good friends. That's how I measure rich - Failure & Poverty has gone to my head...Lathan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lost in the fiftys

Shows how different we are --- neither has affected me!

Hyuck! Hyuck! Hyuck!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lost in the fiftys

It's not bragging when you tell friends!!! We are all so proud of you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lost in the fiftys

We are too Marilyn, just don't want his hat size to enlarge. Just think, if I hadn't hit him with that croquet ball and ruined his baseball career, he might not have followed a musical vocation. I'm right proud I beaned him. Love Unc
ps HALL OF FAME!!!! I don't even have a hall or a fame to throw it out of.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lost in the fiftys

Ask David Culberson........ he would know. I used to sing it a lot.... especially the SHU DOET SHU BE DOO Part.

Purvis

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lost in the fiftys

Purvis was my music idol, especially when he was picking and singing on the beach in Panama City. He could draw a crowd of beach girls in a matter of minutes.
When he and Dale Layton teamed up, they always drew a big crowd. Shoot, I just hung out around them to meet the females that showed up...