The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ground Hog day

Has anybody heard how ol' Pauxetawney Phill made out today. Hope he didn't see his shadow. Not that winter has been all that bad but if we have 6 more weeks of it we are bound to get blasted. February is our worst month for snow here.

Wonder if Jimmy Persons saw his shadow today on this his 70th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU JIMBO! Hope you a whole lot more cause I'm just two weeks behind you...Hope Charlotte made you a big coconut cake, one big enough to get all those candles on it. By the way I don't seem to have your email address in my new computer, send it to me please.

Horace

Re: Ground Hog day

The Ole Hog didn't see it here in Alabama, but I do believe he did up there in Pa. I guess that is the offical spot.

Re: Ground Hog day

Horace, I think he saw his shadow here and true, we have not had any cold weather to speak of. Which is fine with me, I'm a warm weather person myself. Me and Jimmy are coming up on 72 this spring and summer. I wasn't as smart as you and Jim Persons and back then we moved when the rent came due so I didn't stand a chance in the first and second grades. But when I hit the scene at ole Comer, I went straight through. I'm glad it happened now tho, If I had graduated with Jimmy in 52, Oner was in the 7th grade and our hooking up would have been unlikly in the least. Course I could have Married some of Romeo Jimmy Holmes left overs. I'm not kidding and Jimmy Persons could tell you the same thing, He had his share and mine too of beautiful wimmin.
BTW, My Mom and Dad eloped on this day and Andrew Hawkins, a cousin helped them tie the knot. My Grand Daddy was a mean man and thought the girls were his personal slaves and would'd have liked it at all if he lost one of his workers, but he did. MVB ES