General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/03/06

unc es sorry to hear that aunt zona is feelin bad.hope she rebounds and gets to feeli like a young pup lookin fer sumthin to get into.bout the buzzard
i think its only illegal if they ketch you. clark

Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/03/06

ES in Indian means "Silent Warrior who Slays Mighty Vulture". Years ago in Lavaca (about 10 miles from Camp Glosson) we were trying out my .222 Magnum Rifle with a Scope. There was a buzzard in a tree and ES said, "Watch me make him fly."
He popped the buzzard and it folded like a wet sack and hit the ground. We looked around and nobody saw it I guess so we eased on into the woods - Me and the Silent Warrior Who Slays Mighty Vulture...True, true story

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/03/06

Man, are you guys in trouble! Probably RIGHT NOW, the Department of Homeland Security, Buzzard-Slaughter Division, has a squad on the way to Camp Glosson AND to Port Saint Titusville. You in BIG trouble!

Y'all ever been in the clink before?

Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/03/06

We had buzzards roosting out in our trees one year and they really had a bad odor. Guess it was where they had been dining. I could hardly stand it. Finally they went their way.
It is a beautiful day in Wetumpka today. Been cleaning carpets. It is about time for a nap!

I've been working on my family history DVD all morning. It's a tough job. I always go about this kind of thing the wrong way. I start before I lean the software, in this case. But know the old saying, when all else fails check the instructions. Yesterday was a breakthrough day for though and things are coming pretty good. Hundreds of photos to choose from then music, titles, narration, music and then what will SHE think of it...hard to say, I'm doing my best to treat her family well as hard as that might be. I got the jewel in the crown though. Pouring rain here and getting colder. Maybe winter's coming after all. Any new about the church burnings?

Horace

Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/03/06

Horace, You have bit off a chunk doing family history. Oner had over 9,000 names in the puter of her genealogy work and somehow I wiped them out. No, I didn't sleep on the couch, I couldn't even get in the house. No kidding, It somehow wouldn't bring them up, might have been the program.
Karen, it quit raining and now its kind of chilly here. Don't know why the buzzards like to roost in my back yard. I haven't smelled them yet, course we don't get out much. You think a fellow in Texas could turn a fellow in, in Alabama?
Have a good'un, MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/03/06

Oh, ES, I know how Zona must have felt. Both Charlie and I have been doing genealogy for about 15 years.
I would just be ill if I lost all the work.
I do back mine up every so often on CD into a gedcom file so IF something were to happen I could reload without too much of a problem.
Horace, remind me for what you are doing the family history project? Is this for a gift or just for fun.
I know you must have mentioned it but I am in one of my "brain burps".

Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/03/06

Karen, Oner has been working on it for 40+ years. She did back up everything she puts in after she finishes. It's a long story and I'll let her tell you later. MVB ES

Karen
It's our 50th anniversary year. I just going back to the great grandparents for pictures and then forward through our own childhood, our wedding pictures with selected audio cuts from the ceremony that we have preserved on tape and now CD. I have grandchildren stills and video that I have to get in. I'm shooting for about 45 minutes to an hour. Think I'll make it? By the way we went to see Narnia the other night. My daughter has the set of books I'm excited about trying to put them on CD as we discussed a while back.

Horace

Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/03/06

Horace,
I now remember you mentioning that. What a great project and wonderful keepsake.
Did you enjoy Narnia? The reading of the books for your grandchildren will be such a great thing to do. Something that they will certainly treasure.