The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What'joo say, Lathan?

I forgot...what was your prediction?

HAR! HAR! HAR!

Re: What'joo say, Lathan?

The refs took 21 points away from Seattle and a field goal away from Pittsburgh. So the Seahawks really won 31-24.
What game was you watching anyway?

Re: Re: What'joo say, Lathan?

Actually, I didn't watch the game --- I was watching "Desperate Cowpokes" on cable.

Lathan you got that right...Here's an old cheer

Seahawks, seahawks,they're our men if the Steelers can't beat'em the Referees kin.

Horace

Thanks Horace. Seriously, the touchdown they took back and the blocking call where Seattle's Quarterback made the tackle were pathetic. Turned the whole game around.
I'm worried about Jimmy. He may have been watching an old re-run of "Broke-Back Mountain", Where Sheep are Sheep and Men are Nervous...

Re: Re: Re: What'joo say, Lathan?

Steelers won the game, right? Nothing else matters, right?

Heh! Heh! Heh!

Re: Re: Re: Re: What'joo say, Lathan?

Lathan, The touchdown yes, The blocking call, the right call. The quarterback, in trying to tackle the runner, blocked his blocker below the waist, then made the tackle. Least that was what I got out of it. I dozed the first half but watched the second half. No matter what, 100 years from now the score will read Pittsburg 21 Seattle 10. End of story.
Question; Is "Broke back mountain" a story about ******* I haven't seen it and don't plan on seeing it. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What'joo say, Lathan?

I'm gonna write the NFL and see if they'll let you ref the pro games, Unc. You'll have to stay awake for the whole game though.
The quarterback (Hasselback) was in the process of trying to get to the ball carrier and you can go over, under and/or thru any player when you're trying to make a tackle.
Even the announcers said the ref got it wrong. It'll be brought up time and again and it will be interesting to see if they admit the mistake. Films don't lie and NFL is good about trying to make sure bad calls don't happen over and over.
I could care less about who won - I didn't have any bets. I just hate to see good football messed up by crummy officiating..
Brokeback Mountain is about two cowhands who take their computers on the range and play Pac Man...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What'joo say, Lathan?

Lathan is correct. I have officiated high school football for the past 25 years and If I had officiated a 75 pound kiddie game and called some of the infractions they called, my life would have been in danger trying to get to the car. Pitiful officiating for a game called the 'event of the year.'

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What'joo say, Lathan?

I bow to Cubby's expertise as an offical ref. I was going on what the announcers said. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What'joo say, Lathan?

That's a crock! "Brokebutt Mountain" is a story about "Steers and ********** 'Nuff said!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What'joo say, Lathan?

The movie should be called 'Steers and *********

That's funny, I thought it was, that's what I've been calling it. What else can you make of it...although I shouldn't judge I guess since I haven't seen it, just read about it and all the mainstreamers are trying to glorify it because it about homothexuals.

HORACE

It has really been advertised on t.v. but they won't get my money and I won't watch it when it plays on t.v. MVB ES