The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Green Snake

My Step-Father plowed with a mule when he was young. He said on hot days that most of the men who plowed would catch a Green Snake and keep it under their hat to keep their head cool. He said that in turn it would cool your body.
Has anyone ever heard of that?
A true, true story

Re: Green Snake

No, and I can't picture myself doing that. The closest I ever came to a green snake or any other kind was when I was picking peas one time. we had a big patch of crowders and Kentucky wonders, I saw what I thought was a great big fat juicy pea pod hanging off the vine. When I pulled it off it started to wiggle. I threw it to ground with every ounce of strength in my body grabbed the closest rock, we had quite a crop of them also, and smashed it. I picked up the rock and there lay this pitiful little green snake. As much as I hate snakes I felt a tinge of quilt and saddness, but it didn't last long, a snake is a snake, and the only good one is a dead one.

Horace

Re: Re: Green Snake

Horace, I agree about the snakes but, I would put one under my hat before I would plow with a mule!

Re: Green Snake

I tried that too but I wasn't very good at it. I'd still try it again though before having anything to do with any snake.

Horace