The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/15/06

Shoot Trish, You ain't got nothing on me. I got a 89 Caddy under my carport waiting on a transmission and headliner and A/C parts to be restored. I'm also waiting on when it will be an antique or classic, anybody know when?
We have our van all cleaned up thanks to my son Timmy, and all the paper work for the company's taxes ready to be completed. That's Oner's job that she doesn't get paid for. We steal a lot tho.
I guess we'll leave sometime tomorrow for the coast. I enjoy going, but I also enjoy coming back to the camp. I'll try to keep checking in while We're gone.
Fogey, near as I can cipher, you're about 8 years older than me. I'll be 72 in July.
I married in 56 at the age of 22. That's close to your age when you married. We're coming up on 50 years married in Dec.
Clark, Glad to have your input on the cars. That 57 is worth a mint, hold on to it! Wish I'd held on to that little Corvair Monza. I guess everybody has something that got away. I had a winchester lever action, pre 64, 30-30 rifle that I wanted all my life. I let my son keep it for me and some scum stole it.
Talk about sick!!
Cubby, Jimmy, Lathan, I told Oner, Bs'ing goes on here all the time and if you get mad, you lose, I think she can mix it with anyone, so have at it.
Jerry sent me some CDs and We have really enjoyed listening to them.
I know the people that don't type have enjoyed reading our jabber so I'll thank you for them. And How was Your after Valentine day? MVB ES

Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/15/06

Sure wish we were going to the coast. Ed said he wanted some catfish. I told him I would go get it but he said he really wanted some from Ezell's down there. We are going to plan on coming down sometime in the Spring of the year if he feels up to it. He loves to come, it just hurts him so to ride a long distance. Have a great time at Chippers.....Trish

Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/15/06

Dunno 'bout Alabama, E.S., but a vehicle is considered a classic or antique or whatever here at age 25. I gave my mom and dad's '70 Chevy pickup to our older son last year and he hauled it off to New Mexico. He promised me it'll go to his son when he's though with it. It's certainly a classic, but that 350 V8 with a four-barrel DO use some gas!

Whatever the part about "mixing it up" means, I sure hope I haven't said anything that bothers Oner.

Time for me to take it to bed. My dang ankles are about the size of pineapples and I think I got lead in my legs. TOUGH getting old!

Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 2/15/06

Don't worry, no one has said anything to bother me in any way.

Zona