General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Good Day

You, too, Jim. Think I'm gonna get off this dang machine and put these fat ankles up for a while.

Looks as if the sun's trying to burn through here, too.

Re: Re: Good Day

Been raining off and on here, mostly on. Wasn't there a Billy Tate that went to SHS about the time we were going to school? If he's the one, Roger Cooper whupped the tar out of him for coming to Twin Street one night. He's was on the wrong turf.
Buddy Pate is my body guard, so watch it!! MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Good Day

You are correct, E.S. There was a Billy Tate and also a Billy Pate. Both went to SHS at the same time and both played football for SHS at the same time. They are completely different, though. It's possible Roger did have a fight with Tate, both were pretty tough in those days. Billy Tate and James Burkhalter did a number on Panhandle one night at the Rec. I saw Burkhalter a few years back in Panama City, and he was talking about that and said he and Tate stayed away from the Rec. and the Comer guys for a good while thinking they would be retaliated against...

Re: Good Day

Hi everybody...been a drizzly day here too. But, it is 75 here right now and it is 5:30pm....what is going on with this crazy weather???
Got to think about supper....ES, what cha having?

Re: Re: Good Day

Oner is working on taxes and said we were having left overs or what ever I could find. I had to fix myself a ham sandwich, then a frank ferter on bun with ruffle tater chips. Wasn't bad but not like her cooking. I was thinking strong on another frankferter dog with mustard when I read your message. Hope y'all had a goodun. MVB ES