General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Green Plums, Trash Pile Road & Dye Ditch Water

I plan to be there. The guitar, I don't know about. I will if I'm asked by whoever's in charge, but sometimes guitars just don't fit in. Normally at reunions people are there only to talk and fellowship. At one Twin Street reunion about '90 or '91 Katy Howell sung a few songs and I was in the band. I don't think it was all that well received. It's hard to predict when live music will be appreciated. I hope to be there, guitar or not.

Re: Re: Re: Green Plums, Trash Pile Road & Dye Ditch Water

Oh yeah, where do I live? I've been living in Fairmont subdivision since '68. Never did get out of the Sylacauga area. We lived in Sycamore for a while, but I didn't like it. Too far from Sylacauga.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Green Plums, Trash Pile Road & Dye Ditch Water

Pete, Lathan always brings his guitar, not to perform at the reunion but to pick and grin at the motel swimming pool the night before and right after the reunion. We all gather up there and have a good time talking, lieing, and good fellowship.
The Jamison Inn is where we'll be. I'm gonna get a room Friday and Saturday so I won't miss anything. Hope Jimmy does too.
MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Green Plums, Trash Pile Road & Dye Ditch Water

You already made a reservation, E.S.? Just wondering how early you can do it. My boys say I'll be there this time if they have to carry me...and I think I believe them lil' ol fellers. LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Green Plums, Trash Pile Road & Dye Ditch Water

I know about Fairmont. My sister Frances and her husband Grady Baker lived there for many years. Frances died and Grady later remarried and continued living there until his death. Don't know if his second wife still lives there or not, but some day I guess my nephew Greg will live there. I hung out there while in high school at Comer at my buddy Joe Davis' house, which is right on the corner next to the Baker house.

This reminds me that I've been meaning to call Greg.

...but, heck, yes, bring the guitat.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Green Plums, Trash Pile Road & Dye Ditch Water

...um...well, make 'at guitaR!

...OR "gitTAT guitaR!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Green Plums, Trash Pile Road & Dye Ditch Water

Jimmy, No, we haven't made one yet but they were sold out one year because of conventions and visters for the 4th. I want a 1st floor non smoking room so we are gonna try to get one early, probably will call tonight or tomorrow. Won't hurt a thing and might help a lot. MVB ES