The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Picks

Okey,I'll pick from the 40s and early 50s since that was my years at Comer.
Quarterbacks; Gene Baker(Gail's bro, best I've seen with the option),Merril Price,(Rocket arm I'm not sure if this is the one but there were two Price's, Maybe Ted can help me out with these two.)Bobby Caldwell,(Field General, knew the game) Ray Phourgh, (Also knew the game and never showed any emotion, good or bad.)Charles Bradford( one of the most overlooked Q-backs at Comer, could have been special.)Gary Howell, Started 40 games, if you start 40 games of twiddlewinks, you got to be good. Dale Layton. (big playmaker, strong arm, only thing that held him out o Q-backing in college was lack of speed.)
Now all I have to do is pick the best out of all these. If I had to go to war with these, I'd pick,
1.Bobby Joe Cardwell 2. Gary Howell, 3. Ray Phourgh(sp)
4.Dale Layton, 5.Gene Baker, 6.? Price, one of the tallest q-backs Comer produced at the time. 7 Merril Price, 8. Charles Bradford, Somebody pick your choices for Quarterback and we'll compare and pick the best out of them for the 40s 50s team. MVB ES

Re: Picks

Harold Price was the quarterback and Merrill
was the left end. Ted

Re: Re: Picks

Ted, it is so good to hear from you. We would appreciate you posting even just to say hello. Glad the post from ES got you on.......Ed & Trish