General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Thankful for the rain

Ivy, gonna be lots of orange down on the plains Saturday too. The orange down there will be a lot better than that in Tennessee. I plan to be there with my orange shirt on. Only time I ever wear that color. Red is my color as far as cars but when it comes to football it is orange. Hope they can handle that LSU purple. Don't tell me you have become a Tennessee fan. Glad you and Marilyn are enjoying living there. Comer looked a little better Friday night than they did when you saw them. Know the score does not indicate that but three touchdowns were on long runs late in the game after the Comer boys had worn down. Close game in the third quarter but just not enough depth.
MVB Mike

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thankful for the rain

I have an agreement with the "T" fans as far as Auburn goes...I am for the Vols until they play Auburn. No problem with that, but still negotiating on the Alabama agreement. Don't think all will agree with that one. I am begining to get the feeling that some(many) of them just don't like Alabama.
Thanks for the report on the BBC Tigers. I really do feel that this coach will bring them back.

Re: Re: Re: Thankful for the rain

JUST WHERE DO YOU CALL LOWER ALABAMA - I am in Dothan, which I thought was that.

Re: Thankful for the rain

Been sorta "drippy" 'round here for the last three days. Still not more than a total of an inch, but GOOD for the danged aquifer. It's up over a foot in the last 24 hours, so the doomsayers will have to shut UP for a while about that, thank God!

Yeah, we're VERY thankful for the rain, and expecting more.

Re: Re: Thankful for the rain

Question; What is an aquifer?

A natural, underground water reservoir. Never heard of it, either, until I got out here. They measure the suckers all the time, and when they get low, we get "restricted" on what water we can use.

Re: Thankful for the rain

Who is DD? All I can think of is Donald Deason.

Re: Re: Thankful for the rain

Ivy, David and Nora are in Tennessee this week on vacation and enjoying it. I think they are at Pigeon Forge. They are having a good time taking it easy. Sue I'm David Dennis, nephew of E.S , Paul and Trish. Has anyone heard from Lathan,haven't saw his name on the forum lately.
DD

DD, if you should hear from the Kids while they are here, tell them that a nice meal is only a phone call away. We are 30 miles from them. By the way, those two were high on the list of our favorite young couples in Mignon Baptist.
I know you are proud of them. David must hurry back home as I do believe that dove season opens this weekend.

David, Lathan is cranking out songs like crazy, One he did is called "Come on down" is a Gospel song that is awsome!! I think the boy mised his calling, he shoulda be writing Gospel all along. Love Unc

I HEARD FROM LATHAN YESTERDAY. HE'S HERE SOMEWHERE. AS SOMEONE SAID, I THINK HE'S BEING BUSY AND CREATIVE. PERHAPS HE HAS BEEN NEWLY INSPIRED. HOPE SO. HE STILL HAS A GRAMMY OUT THERE SOMEWHERE. NOT THAT THAT IS THE "BE ALL END ALL." THERE IS ALWAYS A SONG TO BE WRITTEN.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thankful for the rain

Talked to Lathan and yes he has been busy. The book on Sylacauga is almost ready for print and I understand it is going to feature some very good writers. I'm getting a copy as soon as it comes back from the printer. He has sent a few songs my way since I now have sound on my computer. My son Coker has been keeping in touch with him and he is directing him on writing a book of his own. This talent has to come from my side of the family because there is none better on short stories than ES. The way he describes Zona's cooking is out of this world and I know her cooking is just that OUT OF THIS WORLD. Wish Jimmy could have had some of her cream corn while he was here. If he comes back, he's going to have it coming out his ears......Trish

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thankful for the rain

Sounds good to me, Trish. Even if I gobbled corn 'til I croaked, I'd go out with a smile among MVBs in Alabama. Tell Handsome Ed to thrash us out a word or two again. Looks like he did okay a day or two ago.