Return to Website

GrASP Computing, Leicester. Online Forum

Welcome to GrASP's forum. Use this forum for anything Leicester or Computer related.

GrASP Computing, Leicester. Online Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whats the best CPU/Processor?

Celeron, Duron, AMD (know as Athlon), Pentium - these are the main processor chip types but which is the best ?

Leicestershire area? Yes/No Yes

Compter Make/Model: Asus with AMD 2400

Re: Whats the best CPU/Processor?

in regards to speed:
Pentium 4 are the fastest.

in regards to value for money:
AMD are the favourites.

In terms of performance:
Depends what you`re going to do on your PC.

If I was going to just surf the web I`d go towards AMD.
If I was a big games player I`d go for Pentium 4 firstly but most likely pick AMD as they cost lots less and perform nearly as nicely.

Compter Make/Model: Asus with AMD 2400

What about MHZ

The MHZ (Megahertz) of the CPU defines the speed of it, the higher the MHZ the more instruction per cycle it does. Similar to how the horsepower of a car improves performance.
For example a 1000 MHZ (expensive) Pentium 4 would not be as fast as a 2000 MHZ (Cheap) Celeron processor.

Some CPU's are classed with a performance rating, like an AMD 2400+ only runs at 1800 MHZ but performs like a 2400 MHZ chip due to its advanced design.

Modern Pentium 4's have "multithreading technology" allowing them to do many tasks at once with less "slow down", it works like your computer has 2 processors at once.

Some manufacturers/retailers will advertise systems like the "DELL 2400 System" for example. This doesnt as it 1st implies have a 2400mhz processor, I think its a 1000mhz Celeron, so always read the small print.

When you see 1 GHZ etc in adverts it just meens 1000 MHZ by the way, in case you was wondering.

Compter Make/Model: Asus AMD 2.4

Re: What about MHZ

why have you messaged yourself

Leicestershire area? Yes/No yes

Compter Make/Model: dont know but its **** hot

Re: Re: What about MHZ

Just thought I`d give an example of how its done and this is a common question I`v had in the past a few times.

Compter Make/Model: n/a

Re: Re: Re: What about MHZ

well i think its stupid really because you have already got a message of how to use the forum.