VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: anybody around?

Horace,
That is so neat. It will be such a special "gift" to everyone on your 50th. I did something similiar a while back (editing a video that came from 8mm films that my dad had). I put it on DVD and added music as it didn't have any sound. Gave a copy to my brothers as it was from the 40's on up when they were growing up too... Such a fun thing to do and a special keepsake.

Re: anybody around?

Awakened a while ago from my pre-bedtime nappie, so now I'm up for a while. Temp is falling, now at 36 at the airport, so about 34-35 here. Gonna freeze again tonight, it looks like. Oh, well, only problem will be Daughter Kym's drive to work in the morning. Takes her about twenty minutes, and I'll worry about that. The bridges here get REALLY icy in weather like this.

Y'all keep warm! Take care.

Jimmy

Re: Re: anybody around?

Sounds like everybody is doing the same thing - trying to keep warm. I fixed Ed's problem of being cold, I bought us an electric blanket for our bed. He may not ever get out of bed now. It has been some time since we have owned an electric blanket but this coumitin is keeping Ed cold. Maybe this will give him some relief. We keep the house warm to me but Ed is still cold. Everything will be okay as long as the power is on. Hope everyone is staying well and warm....Trish and Ed

Re: Re: Re: anybody around?

Trish,
Can I add a medical note to the electric blankets?
Please be careful. They can dehydrate someone and can also cause burns. If he uses one make sure he is drinking a lot of water otherwise. We don't have to be thristy to be dehydrated and it is thought that dehydration is one of the things that can cause clots that cause strokes....Hate to put a damper on your "find" but thought you needed to know. Karen

Re: Re: Re: Re: anybody around?

I found a tobogin kept me warm when I lost my hair to chemo. Amazing how much heat escapes from the head..

I stay warm (hot) and Sonny stays cold. I got him some warm clothing (sweats) but have trouble getting him to wear them. He'd rather sit around with no shoes, no shirt, and complain about being cold. I just turn a deaf ear-------it's easier for him to put on more clothes than for me to take mine off. I wear as little as possible and trust me, you wouldn't want to see me neeked!!!

Becky

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anybody around?

Thanks Karen, I appreciate the information on the blanket. We found out last night that a 3 out of 10 was just about right for the both of us. I will keep an eye on it. Thank goodness I don't have trouble with Ed drinking liquids. He goes with a glass of tea in his hand or on his table by his chair. It felt good getting into a warm bed. I think that is what I missed most about our water bed. It has long been gone and replaced with one of these pillow top mattresses that we both love but we still loved the heat of the water bed. Ed has to have a high bed with a mattress that he can roll out of bed with. I spoke too soon about the cold (virus) going around, I have it now but like the pink bunny with the battery, I'm still going. Friends like all of you make these cold days that we stay inside bearable...Trish and Ed

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anybody around?

Guess what? I'm still here, and I do read the comments on here every once in a while, but it was a pretty hard year for me. I got a torn adhesion in my back from some old surgery, and it took a couple months to heal. A lot of other pain things happened, but they all went away finally. It was one of those "I was better, but I got over it" years. Now is a fun day because of reading from all of you. Lather did me a big favor when he invited me to join the Connection. You're all just great folks. Wish we had met person to person, but this is a pretty good substitute.
Merry Christmas to all. Stay warm, be healthy, and God bless all of you.
Jan (Christms caroling)