The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whatcha think?

Christmas vs. Holiday. It’s a debate we’re hearing a lot about these days.

When Lowe’s officials placed signs outside their stores that read “Holiday Trees For Sale,” there was quite an uprising. It was such an uprising that Lowe’s removed the signs and apologized.

And they should have. After all, what in the world is a “holiday tree?”

What holiday other than Christmas involves a tree? There are no Fourth of July trees, no Easter trees, no President’s Day trees — only Christmas trees.

Then, we heard reports that Wal-Mart had forbade its employees to wish people a “Merry Christmas.” According to the company’s website, those reports were true but had since been rescinded. An overzealous higher-up at Wal-Mart had gotten crazy with political correctness and threatened employees with the ultimate punishment for those two simple words.

Since the outcry, however, according to the website, that politically correct rule is no more.

In Montgomery, instead of calling their city Christmas parade what it was, they called it a “holiday parade.”

School bands and choruses across the country have been banned from playing or singing Christmas music with a religious theme.

Even the White House Christmas tree is called a “holiday tree,” although First Lady Laura Bush said she still thinks of it as a “Christmas tree.”

What is going on? Political correctness has run amok.

It’s Christmas. Even if the date can be proven to be a little off for the actual birthdate of Baby Jesus, Christmas is the celebration of his birth.

It’s the one time (season) of the year when smiles are a little brighter, people are a little nicer, when neighbor will reach out to neighbor to make life a little better.

Why are we allowing a group of people, clearly in the minority, to ruin it?

I’ve wondered and thought and finally decided what I was going to do to combat this attempt to ruin the happiest season of the year.

In every store, to everyone I see, I’m going to send out a great, big Merry Christmas.

It’s so sad that there are those out there who would go to such lengths to ruin a truly positive experience. I’m not going to allow that to happen — not to me and not to those I come into contact with.

I guess that’s my small way to fight against the “joy-stealers” out there.

Re: Whatcha think?

WE WISH YOU A MERRY HOLIDAY
AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

UP ON THE HOUSE TOP REINDEER PAWS
OUT JUMPS GOOD OLD PERSON IN RED AND WHITE SUIT WITH BEARD

OH, HOLIDAY TREE
OH, HOLIDAY TREE
HOW LOVELY ARE THY BRANCHES

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE 'HOLIDAY'
SOON THE BELLS WILL RING

I'M DREAMING OF A WHITE HOLIDAY

TINY TOTS WITH THEIR EYES ALL AGLOW
WILL FIND IT HARD TO SLEEP TONITE
THEY KNOW THAT OLD PERSON WITH RED AND WHITE SUIT AND BEARD IS ON HIS WAY

Re: Re: Whatcha think?

SO I'M OFFERING THIS HOLIDAY PHRASE
TO KIDS FROM ONE THRU NINETY-TWO
ALTHOUGH IT'S BEEN SAID
MANY TIMES - MANY WAYS
"HAPPY HOLIDAYS" TO YOU...

Re: Re: Re: Whatcha think?

Just when I finally learned the words to the songs we have sung for years...
Too old to learn new ones!!!

I DON'T CARE IF IT WAS LAST TUESDAY BEFORE LAST, HE WAS BORN, AND DIED FOR OUR SINS AND I WILL WORSHIP HIM CHRISTMAS, NEW YEARS, AND EVERY OTHER DAY OF THE YEAR. THOSE PEOPLE ARE SICK, SICK, SICK. MVB ES

My wife and I are doing exactly what you are doing Marilyn. It's Merry Christmas or nothing at all. I was thrilled yesterday when I went to the post office and mailed your CHRISTMAS card and the lady behind the counter wished me a MERRY CHRISTMAS as I was leaving before I had a chance to say it her. Keep it up.

Oh by the way MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you.

Horace

I'm a Bill O'reilly fan. He objects to political correct crap and boycots any store on his tv show who doesn't say MERRY CHRISTMAS. I don't like all of his views, but he's dead-on with this one.
Oh, BTW, MERRY CHRISTMAS & A MOXI NEW YEAR (when it happens) to all of the MVBs...

Pee Wee whats Moxi?
DD

Hello to everyone,hope that all is well. It's been Christmas all my life and I just can't march to the beat of the political drum. I'm still a kid and I love this time of year.All the colored lights,Christmas programs and the bell ringers.Kinda makes you wonder what Jesus did that makes some people hate him so much.Merry Christmas
DD

MUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRY CHRISMUS from Texiss, Y'all!

Wups, I forgot:

Happy Holidays, Lathan.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Jimmy, Winnie & Family.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Whatcha think?

We thankee!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours, also, Lathan.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Whatcha think?

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY MVBS ES AND ZONA