General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: DUBS

IVY, THAT HAROLD PRICE WAS SOME KIND OF QUARTERBACK. I THOUGHT IT FUNNY AT THE TIME, HE WAS 6 FT OR BETTER, I WAS USED TO HAVING A SHORT QUARTERBACK LIKE GAIL BAKER'S BROTHER, I BELIEVE HIS NAME WAS GENE TOO. MVB ES

Re: DUBS

Ted does need to his hind end in gear and get with us but I can tell you for certain that Merrill is his brother and he lives about 50 miles down the road from from me in Virgina. He has been on here a time or two I think, I'm pretty sure he reads us. His first name is Robert.

Horace

Re: Re: DUBS

Ivy, My brother is Merrill and Harold is our
cousin. They were both good football players
and played on some tough teams at Comer. Horace
he does live in Virgina. I am sure he reads this
often. Ted

Re: Re: Re: DUBS

Who was the quarterback at comer that could throw a laser beam? I've never seen a stronger arm in football. MVB ES
ps he played around the early 50s

Ted. give us an update on how you and Betty are doing. Haven't heard from the two of you in a long time. Bet everybody would love to hear from you both..Trish and ED

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DUBS

Betty and I are doing fine.We went to the Doctor
today for our yearly check up and he said we were
doing great. We are just taking it easy and enjoying
life one day at a time. Ted & Betty

The quarterbacks I remember were named Ray Phurrough, I think, and Bobby Joe Cardwell.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DUBS

They both were good Cubby, One year they both played swapping out at quarterback. the next year Ray had it to him self. Ray pladed his senior year, I think, with a broken hand. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DUBS

I met Bobby Nobles at the 2000 twinstreet reunion and hardly knew him, he was 5'9", I always thought of him as a giant. Glenda Ray's brother played back then, he was a 118 pound guard. I think he played for Eubanks in the 40s. both the McCain twins were short and little.
Might be the groceries we got now days and the steroids, I saw one pro player the other day topped the scales at 356. MVB ES