SWAN BOAT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD

Please post any announcements, events or comments here. ALL boaters welcome!

SWAN BOAT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Memorial Day Thank You

All,
Thanks to everyone who made yesterday special at the club. From the music to the service, the steak roast and the weather it was a wonderful day. We had visiting dignitaries from the AYC Board, Monroe Boat Club and Detroit Beach Boat Club as well as Fr. Hendrico from St. Charles.
The Auxiliary did a great job on the food, Lance on the speaker set up and Tre-C on the music. The crew that showed up at 8 to clean up after the flood were also much appreciated.
We were also honored to have Doug Hogan Swan’s only AYC and I-LYA Commodore in attendance.

We accomplished much with teamwork. Thanks to all for making it a wonderful kick off to the boating season. We should all be proud to be Swannies.

Commodore Rob

Re: Memorial Day Thank You

Thank you Commodore, it's been a long and honored tradition at Swan for it's officers and Membership to show respect and honor to our fallen heroes. We celebrate the long weekend but the reason is to honor those that have fallen for our Great country and for us to show respect. Even though Sally and I are in Florida this year we are proud of our members that cleaned and polished the club and grounds, the volunteers that work hard in the kitchen getting food ready, the officers that dress in uniform and get up early and visit our sister clubs to show respect at their clubs and return to Swan to do the same, it can be a hot and uncomfortable day at times but it's not about us it's about those that came and defended our great country. Proud to be a American and a Swan member.

Re: Memorial Day Thank You

We are all blessed to be part of this nation. Swan's tribute is a beautiful service and one that I am proud to be part of. Thank you for doing a great job in representing our club!